Driver x3 at EWURA
- Company: EWURA
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dodoma Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
The Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA) is an independent, world class
regulatory authority responsible for licensing, tariff regulation and quality of service regulation of the
electricity, water, petroleum and Natural gas sectors. EWURA has the following vacancies for which
suitably qualified Public Servants who wish to be transferred to EWURA are invited to apply.
CORPORATE AFFAIRS DIVISION
Post Title: Driver (3 posts)
Duty Station: EWURA Offices
Reports to: Transport Officer
Driver will be responsible for driving the Authority’s motor vehicles and ensures that the vehicle is always in good condition.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To drive the Authority’s vehicles as assigned.
- To maintain vehicles in good order.
- To ensure maximum security of all passengers and property while driving including mechanical conditions of vehicles.
- To maintain a proper logbook for movement of vehicle.
- To check mechanical fitness of vehicles and adhere to road/traffic regulations.
- To make minor repairs and reports on those needing major repairs.
- To dispatch official correspondences.
- To undertake any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate for this position should have the following qualifications and experience.
Holder of Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE) having a valid Driving License Class C or E and Basic Driving Course with driving experience of at least one (1) year without causing any accident. Possession of Trade Test Grade II or Level II in Motor Vehicle Maintenance or Mechanics is a must.
In addition to the above skills and qualifications, applicants for the above positions are required to have the following attributes:
- A very high level of integrity, honesty and sense of responsibility;
- Ability to work under pressure and produce expected results;
- Ability to work in a dynamic team;
- Ability to self-manage, achieve results and meet deadlines; and
- Willingness to work beyond the call of duty.
- EWURA is an equal opportunity employer.
- Staff will be employed on permanent and pensionable terms.
Interested Public Servants should apply in confidence enclosing:
- Application letter with Curriculum Vitae (CV) including names, postal address, e-mail address and telephone number.
- Certified copies of certificates.
- one passport size photo and names and contacts of three referees,
- Applicants must channel their application letters through their respective employers, failure of which will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Transfer is not promotion therefore applicants should apply for the position they are currently holding and must state their check numbers.
- Only successful candidates will be contacted for further procedures.
- Applicants should indicate their willingness and commitment to cover for their transfer costs as the application for transfer will be considered as self-initiated.
- Lobbying and canvassing will not be entertained and may result to the applicant’s disadvantage.
- The applicant who will submit the applications through E-mail address provided below should attach all necessary attachments as one document or file in PDF format.
Method of ApplicationInterested applicants should submit their applications by 17th January, 2023 through E-mail: [email protected] or to the following address:
The Director General,
Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA),
EWURA House, Plot No 3, Block AD, Medeli West,