Driver Tanga at World Vision
- Company: World Vision
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanga Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
To drive all WVT Project vehicles as planned
- The safe arrival of passengers and goods
- Timely arrival to the destination
- Safe arrival of the vehicle
- Safe drive to avoild causing acidents to others road users
To ensure that the general state of the vehicle has been regularly & timely checked (before and after use).
- Vehicle is timely serviced
- Well maintained vehicle
- Well cleaned vehicle
- To ensure the vehicle is always in good usable condition. The vehicle will be in roadworthy condition
Clerical services provision
- Timely support to all project staff as legally planned
- Support smooth and quick dispatch and delivery of documents between WVT and other stakeholders.
- Timely delivery of payloads
Maintain Log Books
- All mileage recorded should be those legally authorized
- Mileage recording to the log book every time when refueling the vehicle
- There will be a proper recording of mileage covered against fuel consumed
- There will be a proper recording of mileage for normal service
To Ensure all required documents to the vehicle are valid and safely kept, Insurance, road safety stickers, availability of tool kit, triangles, reflectors, fire extinguisher & first Aid Kit.
- Timely replacement of vehicle identified kits on its expirely (including first aid, fire extinguisher etc
- There will be proper adherence to road traffic rules
Ensure all visitors sign the child protection forms as soon as they are picked up.
- Explain the purpose of signing the child protection form to vistors before they sign
- The timely signing of child protection forms for visitors on arrival
To ensure that the vehicle is not overloaded either by people or luggage
- To increase the life span of the tires
- Adherence to the traffic rules and regulations
Report any adverse observation of a vehicle to Senior Transport Officer
- The vehicle will be in roadworthy condition
- To reduce the risk of accidents
Remind/advise Senior Transport Officer to matters pertaining to services and repairs of vehicles
- Adherence to the Planned Preventive Maintenance
- The vehicles will be in roadworthy condition.
Other duties as assigned by the employer
- There will be smooth support on any other legally activities assigned to drivers
Ensure that the vehicles are serviced as per the Planned Preventive Maintenance.
- There will be safe arrival of both passengers and goods
- The vehicle will be in roadworthy condition always
- The lifespan of the vehicle will be increased
Adhere to WVT’s Vehicle Policy all the time
- There will be no picking people in the vehcile who are not authorized referring to the policy of the organization
- There will be timely parking and allowed departure time of the WVT Project Vehicles unless legal permission is granted
- There will be no over speeding and therefore reduction of accidents
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
- At least three years experience as a driver
- Safe driving record
- Must be well acquainted with basic knowledge on vehicle parts and be able to diagnose vehicle related faults at first place.
- Long distance driving experience
- Good oral communication ability.
- Polite, easy going, ability to work with variety of different people and cultures.
- Ability to work after normal working hours to transport staff/consultants to airport and other locations.
- Strong language capability in both Kiswahili and English.
- Must be honest and demonstrate the highest degree of integrity.
- Ability to write a work-related report.
Required license, registration, and certification
- Valid class C (C1, C2, C3) driving license
- Form Four with NIT Advanced Driving Certificate or VETA Advanced Driving Certificate
Preferred Education, Knowledge and Qualifications
- Certificate in logistics, administration/procurement are the added advantages
- Experience working in NGOs will be added advantages (International NGOs)
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
- Work environment: Office-based with regular travel to the field
- Travel:Domestic travel is required.
- 3 + years in driving
- Tanga Region
- Ability to communicate in English and good command of Kiswahili
- A good relationship with other staff
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Contact (within WV or outside WV)
SupPort service staff and Project staff
Reason for contact
Frequency of contact
High level /always
Should be able to make decision that does not affect/interfear others diginity and organisation ethical, regulation and policies
☒ Be Safe and Resilient
☒ Deliver Results
☐ Build Relationships
☒ Be Accountable
☒ Learn and Develop
☐ Improve and Innovate
☐ Partner and Collaborate
☐ Embrace Change
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th January, 2024.