Driver/Messenger at UDSM
- Company: UDSM
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
UNIVERSITY OF DAR ES SALAAM
COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY BUREAU FOR INDUSTRIAL COOPERATION (BICO)
The Bureau for Industrial Cooperation (BICO) is a registered engineering consulting firm operating under the College of Engineering and Technology of the University of Dar es Salaam. Applications are now invited from suitably qualified, dynamic, experienced and performance driven Tanzanians to fill the vacancy of Driver/Messenger.
1. Job Title: Driver/Messenger (1 post)
A: Qualification and Experience
Holder of Form IV Certificate of Secondary Education with passes in Kiswahili and
English plus a Basic Driving Course Certificate from NIT or other recognized College. Must have a valid Driving License in class E or C1 with at least five (5) years driving experience without causing accident. Possession of Training in motor vehicle/automobile maintenance, repair and working experience in engineering projects will be an added advantage.
B: Duties and Responsibility
- To drive vehicles for department/unit safety;
- To maintain and keep up to date log books;
- To ensure that valid documents are obtained prior to commencing and journey
- To ensure safety of passenger (s) during driving
- To ensure safe – keeping and cleanness of the vehicles and its tools;
- To keep motor vehicles in good running conditions and reports immediately faults and defects to transport officer;
- To maintain disciplined behavior, smartness and proper conduct in render services;
- To adhere to Vehicles Maintenance Schedules;
- To report promptly any defects or problems detected in the vehicles;
- To perform messenger duties and responsibilities such as dispatching documents/letters, collecting mail, photocopying of documents;
- To perform any other related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by one’s reporting officer
Attractive salary package as determined by the BICO Board depending on qualification and experience will be provided.
2. TERM OF SERVICE
Two-year contract renewable upon satisfactory performance.
- Age Limit: 30 to 50 Years
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 7th May, 2023.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE