Driver II (2) at TARURA
- Company: TARURA
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
Tanzania Rural and Urban Roads Agency (TARURA) is an Executive Agency of the President’s Regional Administration and Local Government, (PO-RALG), Established Under Section 3(1) of the Executive Agencies Act. (Cap.245) by Order Published in Government Notice No. 211 dated May 12, 2017; and was inaugurated on July 02, 2017. Tanzania Rural and Urban Roads Agency (TARURA) is vested with the responsibility of managing the development, rehabilitation, maintenance, axle load control, environmental and road management of rural and urban roads network for the social-economic development of Tanzania.
On behalf of the Chief Executive, the Regional Coordinator Katavi intends to recruit self- motivated, qualified and competent Tanzania to fill the followings vacant posts on contracts basis.
Position Tittle: DRIVER II (2 POSTS)
Duty Station: REC Office, Nsimbo DC
- A National Form Four Certificate,
- A Valid Class ‘C’ or class ‘E’ Driving license issued by relevant Authority,
- Basic Driving Course issued by VETA or any recognized institution,
- A trade Test Grade III in Motor Vehicle Mechanics will be an added advantages,
- Fluent in both Kiswahili and English.
- Must be a Tanzanian Citizen.
Work experience: At least one year without causing an accident.
Age Limit: Not above 45 Years of Age.
Salary: Salary Scale for this post is TGS B1
Duties and Responsibilities;
- To drive motor vehicles in accordance to road traffic rules and regulations;
- To inspect motor vehicles before and after any route/journey in order to identify required maintenances or rehabilitation;
- To ensure that a motor vehicle and its equipments (jack, spanner, space tyre etc) are available and are in good condition;
- To carry out minor/routine maintenances of vehicles;
- To ensure that motor vehicle doors and windows are properly locked and safe all the time;
- To ensure cleanness of motor vehicle at all time;
- To record and maintain records pertaining to any journey in the Logbook;
- To assist in collecting and dispatching mails;
- To report any accident immediately to Supervisor or Traffic Police,
- To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
Method of ApplicationAll interested are invited to apply and submit their handwritten application letters to Regional Coordinator, Tanzania Rural and Urban Roads Agency, P. O Box 111 MPANDA or through email applications [email protected] not later than 17th September, 2021 with complete CV, certified copies of education and professional certificates, passport size, birth certificates together with telephone number and postal address. Applicants are reminded to quote the correct reference number of the advert in their application latter. Only the short-listed candidate’s will be contacted.
Applicants who have worked with public institutions but have unsatisfactory previous record indicating poor performance and found guilty with disciplinary offences shall not be considered and any misrepresentation of such fact shall be subjected to legal measures.
Deadline for submission is 17th September, 2021 at 17:00 Hrs.
This is to insist that:
TARURA is an equal opportunity employer, but women are highly encouraged to apply.