Driver I at Sokoine University of Agriculture (SUA)
- Company: Sokoine University of Agriculture (SUA)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Morogoro Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
The Management of Sokoine University of Agriculture (SUA) invites suitable qualified Tanzanians to apply for a Driver position in the project of Climate Smart Rice for Africa.
POSITION: Driver I ( 1 POST)
Holders of Secondary School Education Certificate or Advanced Secondary School Education Certificate with a valid Driving License Class “C” or “E”; Advanced Driving Course offered by the National Institute pf Transport (NIT) or any other recognized institution and Trade Test II or level II in Motor Vehicle driving, plus driving experience of at least five (5) years. Experience of working with field research projects or International Organizations will be an added advantage.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To drive vehicles towards approved destination and in accordance with regulations;
- To take vehicles due for routine maintenance or repair to the appointed agent;
- To make pre – inspection of the assigned vehicle prior – travelling and report mechanical damages / defects;
- To ensure safety and cleanliness of the vehicle at all times;
- To ensure that valid documents and permits are acquired prior to commencement of any journey;
- To report promptly accidents or incidents involving the vehicles to the relevant authority;
- To maintain and keep up – to – date logbooks;
- To ensure safe – keeping of the vehicle and its tools;
- To check validity of insurance and road license and report the same to the head for necessary action; and
- To perform any other related duties which may be assigned by the head.
AGE: Not above 55 years of age
REMUNERATION: As per Treasury Registrar’s Circular No.6 of 2015 which is applicable at the moment.
TENURE: Two years renewable contract subject to performance and availability of Funds.
Method of ApplicationAll applications should be addressed to the Deputy Vice Chancellor (PFA), P.O. Box 3000, CHUO KIKUU, Morogoro to reach him two weeks from the date of this advertisement. The application letters should indicate names and addresses of three referees, together with certified copies of certificates. Furthermore, the applicant must submit signed and updated Curriculum Vitae, Birth Certificate and other Testimonials.
The deadline for submitting the application is 10 March 2022.