Driver / Forklift Operator G2 – FTA at WFP
- Company: WFP
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania - World Food Programme (WFP) Jobs in Tanzania
JOB TITLE: Driver/Forklift Operator G2
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Fixed Term Appointment
DUTY STATION (City, Country): Dar es Salaam Port Office
DURATION: 12 Months
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. Formal drivers training with a valid driver’s license/certification to operate assigned vehicle following local rules and regulations
Experience: Two or more years of work experience as a Driver, preferably in an international organization, embassy, or UN system with a demonstrated safe driving record. Experience in driving a variety of makes and models of vehicles, including vans, trucks, and other kinds of motorized vehicles. Experience in defensive driving is desirable.
Knowledge & Skills:
1.Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies, local roads/waterways and conditions, and security issues.
2. Knowledge of the vehicle loading capacity and other parameters. Knowledge of driving/boat operating rules and regulations whichever applicable.
3. Knowledge of safety standards and safety equipment (e.g., fire extinguishers, buoyant wearable safety devices, etc.).
4. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
5. Basic skills to assist in case of emergency, knowledge of first aid basic methods.
6. Knowledge and ability to use radio, email, telephone, and other applications.
7. Ability to assess vehicles for mechanical fitness and skills in minor vehicle repairs.
8. Ability to demonstrate a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, and tact.
Languages: Fluency (level C) in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different.
These jobs are found in Regional Bureaus (RBs), Country Offices (COs), Area Offices (AOs) and Field Offices (FOs). Job holders report to the Administration Officer, Logistics Officer or the designate, and drive light vehicles, trucks, vans, motorcycles, or any other type of land transport. They may also be assigned to operate speed boats or other types of watercrafts. The job may involve basic administrative assistance in the office or stores.
To provide efficient and safe transportation of authorized personnel and/or commodities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Provide transportation of authorized personnel including translation of basic conversations from/to the local language, and/or delivery of various items/commodities following authorized routing and UN safety and security rules and regulations to ensure safe and efficient services.
2. Meet official personnel and visitors at the airport or other entry points and provide basic assistance with visa and customs formalities to facilitate smooth and safe entry and arrival to the authorized destinations.
3. Responsible for accurate maintenance of the vehicle log books, and daily reporting to the supervisor on mechanical status, to ensure efficient vehicle use and fuel consumption supporting accurate accounting and cost-efficiency.
4. Responsible that the assigned vehicle is kept clean and in a good condition including all equipment, the maintenance is done on time, vehicle is fully equipped with required travel authorizations and supplies, and any mechanical issues are reported to the supervisor to ensure safe and efficient services.
5. Follow established rules and regulations for field deliveries and/or in cases of an accident, and report immediately to the supervisor on any apparent problems, to seek for instructions and facilitate informative decisions on the way forward.
6. Outside driving duties, perform basic office related tasks such as filing, photocopying, and maintaining stores when required including delivery/collection of various items, mailing service and payment of office telephone and other bills to ensure administrative support to clients.
7. Loading and unloading food commodities, pallets, or containers from trucks or other storage areas to assigned places.
8. Follow up and Inspect machinery to determine the need for repairs and guarantee safety for performing regular maintenance.
9. Locating and moving food commodities to pallets or crates space for storage or shipment
10. Assist the physical Inventory at the Warehouse when requested.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Only Tanzanian nationals should apply for this position.
Only qualified shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The deadline for receiving applications is 2 January 2024.
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment.
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th December, 2023.