Driver Cum Office Custodian – KUWAZA Project at Pathfinder International
- Company: Pathfinder International
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
Ensures that assigned vehicles are properly driven and maintained to effectively support implementation of program activities at the local level. Provides back up support to Administration.
Reports to: G/SGBV Project Manager
Pathfinder Overview: Pathfinder International is a global leader in sexual and reproductive health. We place reproductive health care at the center of all that we do—believing that it is not only a fundamental human right, but is critical for expanding life opportunities for women, families, communities and nations, and paving the way for transformations in environmental stewardship and innovations in poverty reduction. Pathfinder provides women, men, and adolescents with a range of quality health services—from AYSRH, contraception and maternal care to HIV prevention and AIDS care and treatment. Pathfinder strives to strengthen access to family planning, advocate for sound reproductive health policies, and, through all our work, improve the rights and lives of the people we serve.
Project Overview: Pathfinder International has been working to promote systemic approaches to primary prevention of violence while also supporting select interventions for secondary prevention, focusing specifically on Violence Against Children (VAC) amongst 7 to 18 years old in two districts of Zanzibar – Unguja North A and B. Recognizing that other types of violence are pervasive and often inter-linked with SGBV, the project introduced interventions to equip parents and caregivers to reduce violence in their own homes while also supporting their children to report VAC/SGBV when it does occur, with the goal of protecting children from all forms of violence.
Pathfinder focused on the household and broader community, with the aim of addressing positive masculinity and more gender equitable relationships, parent-child communication around sexuality and violence, and public acknowledgement and condemnation of VAC/SGBV.
Pathfinder uses an ecological model to drive normative change. In the new Phase of the project Pathfinder and its partners will focus primarily on prevention of SVAC in the two districts of Zanzibar – Unguja North A and B.
Key Job Outcomes:
- Vehicle Operations: Drives assigned Pathfinder vehicles to authorized areas while adhering to Pathfinder and local regulations.
- Vehicle Safety and Security: Ensures that designated vehicles are fully operational, licensed and insured as required by law. Ensures that designated vehicles are well maintained and are serviced appropriately. Ensures that all passengers are securely belted up before embarking on any trip. Reports any accident or defect of the vehicle to the supervisor of record.
- Daily Pre-Checks: Conducts daily pre-inspection tests on the assigned vehicle, including oil level, water levels, tire pressure, brake fluid level and the like.
- Vehicle Mileage Records: Accurately records mileage in the log book. Submits monthly mileage summary to Finance.
- Courier Services: Delivers mail using assigned vehicle.
- Inventory Coordination: Loads and unloads vehicle with supplies. Sets and arranges supplies in store.
- Project Management and Participation: Leads, manages or participates in cross- functional project teams
- Debris Removal: Cleans offices and building by emptying trash, sweeping, and cleaning surfaces. Cleans and disinfects all office equipment.
- Floors: Sweeps and mops floors. Steam cleans carpets. Applies wax to coat floors and buff. Applies sealant to floors.
- Safety and Security: Monitors building security and safety by locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
- Windows: Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Furnishings: Dusts furniture and scrub surfaces clean.
- Cleaning Solutions: Uses cleaning solutions to remove stains and clean surfaces.
- Repairs: Identifies and reports possible repairs.
Minimally Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Secondary School Diploma or equivalent.
- 3 years’ relevant work experience.
- Vehicle Maintenance: Proven ability to check vehicles to ensure they are operational, road worthy and safe.
- Record Keeping: Advanced knowledge of completing required logs for mileage traveled in assigned vehicles.
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
- Software Applications: Foundational knowledge of Word and Outlook.
- Languages: Foundational writing and speaking skills using local language and English language.
- Communication: Foundational oral and written communication skills different forms of media.
- Project Planning and Management: Foundational skills in project planning, coordination, monitoring and management.
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Services: Foundational knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services, including program strategies and indicators.
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health Services: Commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices.
- Influencing and Customer Service Skills: Foundational influencing and diplomacy skills. Advanced customer service skills.
- Organization, Planning and Multi-tasking: Foundational organizational and planning skills, project planning and management skills. Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented, and ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment, ability to meet commitments in a timely manner,
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
Method of Application
Interested applicants are requested to submit their CV, including contact details for 3 references before the close of business on August 24th , 2020. Applications should be addressed to the Director for Human Resources and Administration, Pathfinder International, PO Box 77991, Dar es Salaam or sent via e-mail to [email protected] stating the position being applied for in the subject line.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.