Driver at United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- Company: United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The UN Capital Development Fund makes public and private finance work for the poor in the world’s 46 least developed countries (LDCs). It offers “last mile” finance models that unlock public and private resources, especially domestic, to reduce poverty and support local economic development.
UNCDF is a Fund Manager of the CookFund, which is a key component of the Integrated Approach to Sustainable Cooking Solutions Programme in Tanzania, established by the Government of Tanzania in collaboration with the Delegation of European Union (EU).
The CookFund Programme will be implemented using UNCDF’s Local Finance Initiative mechanism that is designed to unlock the flow of capital to invest small and medium-sized infrastructure projects that are required to accelerate local economic development and private sector development.
Under this context, UNCDF is seeking to hire an experienced Driver who is expected to offer reliable and safe driving services. The Driver must demonstrate client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, accuracy, courtesy, tact, and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
The Driver will work under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Programme & Finance Associate.
Ensures provision of reliable and safe driving services by:
- Driving office vehicles for transport of UN officials and visitors.
- Delivery and collection of mail, documents, and other items.
- Supporting UN officials and visitors on administrative and logistical issues, Elaboration of proposals and implementation of cost saving and reduction strategies in consultations with office management.
Provision of reliable, timely and secure driving services by:
- Driving office vehicle(s) for the transport of UN personnel, and authorized visitors
- Delivery and collection of mail, documents, and other items to authorized personnel
- Meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport, facilitating customs and/or immigration formalities when/as required.
Ensure proper use and day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle
- Timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of lyres, brakes, car washing.
- Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
- Provision of administrative and logistical services when and as required.
Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies
- including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit and necessary spare parts.
Achieve Results: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
Learn Continuously LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
Adapt with Agility LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
Act with Determination LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
Engage and Partner LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies (insert up to 7 competencies)
- Operations & Administration-Vehicle management: Knowledge of policy & procedures on fleet management
- Operations & Administration – Insurance management: Knowledge of policy and procedures on insurance; ability to conduct risk assessment to procure coverage; to ensure relevant tracking and reporting
- Operations & Administration – Documents and records management: Overall document (hard or electronic) management; registry and retention policy including storing and archiving
- Security Services – Security policy awareness & implementation: Knowledge of security policy concepts and ability to apply to strategic and/or practical situations
- Security Services – Safety management ( including Air, Road, Fire): Knowledge of air, road, and fire safety programmes/systems and ability to assess risks and identify mitigation measures
- Operations & Administration – ERP travel and expense module: Knowledge of the ERP Travel and Expense Module; ability to provide help desk support to UNDP and other UN agencies
- Operations & Administration – Travel policy and procedures: Knowledge of travel policy and procedures; ability to interpret travel policy, the Staff Rules, administrative circulars and financial regulations and rules on travel related matters
- Secondary Education supplemented with a Certificate from a Technical/Vocational School.
- Valid driving license – Class “C”.
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills
- Minimum two years’ work experience as a driver in a recognized institution with a safe driving record,
- Work experience in the United Nations or diplomatic system is preferred.
- Adept in national driving rules and regulations.
- Skills in minor vehicle repair and mechanics.
- Basic computer literacy as an added advantage.
- Experience in the rural areas in Tanzania region is an added advantage.
- Fluency in English and Swahili is essential.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th March, 2022.