Driver at Tanroads
- Company: Tanroads
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
THE REGIONAL MANAGER, TANROADS – NJOMBE is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Tanzania Mainland’s Trunk and Regional Roads Network. Its primary functions include the management and development works, operations of the network, axle load control, the implementation of road safety, environmental measures and provision of advice on the strategic framework, policies and plans for the road sector.
The Regional Manager – TANROADS Njombe on behalf of the Chief Executive TANROADS is looking for open minded and creative candidates who are motivated to work within a modern and dynamic organization. TANROADS encourages applications from both men and women to fill the following positions on contract basis at the Regional Manager’s Office Njombe.
SCOPE OF POSITIONS
These positions are within Njombe Region, successful candidates must be ready to work independently, all days of the week including Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays and with high pressure of work. They should be prepared to work for considerable lengths of time.
POSITION: DRIVER (1 POSTS)
The successful candidate will report to the Incharge of Accounts and Administration
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Driving Office vehicles
- Ensure the Vehicle and accessories are always in good condition
- Keep movement records in log sheet
- Inspect the Vehicles before and after “safari”in order to identify defects that may need maintenance
- Understand all roads sign and defences while on the road
- Maintenance of the car
- Any other duties related to his/her work
- Holder of secondary education certificate (Form IV)
- Age not below 30 years
- Class C Driving Licence
- Pass the Agency’s competitive interview
- More than 3 years experience
- Must be a Tanzanian Citizen
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 24 MONTHS CONTRACT RENEWABLE
REMUNERATION: ACCORDING TO TANROADS SALARY SCALE: TRS 2.1
Method of ApplicationOnly candidates who are willing to join the Agency immediately/after being notified are invited to send their own handwritten application letter.
All interested candidates are required to apply to undersigned not later than 15th JUNE, 2021 at 16:30 HRS attaching to their applications, CVs, copies of certificates, birth certificates, the names of three referees and candidate physical address and their daytime telephone numbers and the candidates own daytime telephone contact. Applications which will be received after the deadline shall NOT be considered. Hand delivery is permitted. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application letter should be addressed to:
The Regional Manager,
TANZANIA NATIONAL ROADS AGENCY (TANROADS),
P.O. BOX 885,
- Any person with unresolved criminal offence need not apply
- Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.
- Transport costs to the interview venue will not be refunded