Driver at NIMR
- Company: NIMR
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Mwanza Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
The National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) is a Parastatal Organization established by an Act of Parliament No. 23 of 1979 (CAP.59, R.E.2002) and became operational in 1980. NIMR-Mwanza Research Centre (MMRC) is one of the NIMR Centers located in Mwanza. The Centre is currently conducting research on HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, non-communicable diseases (NCDs) as well as other diseases of public health importance. On behalf of the Director General of the National Institute for Medical Research, the Centre Director of NIMR Mwanza is looking for the qualified, experienced and well-motivated personnel to fill the following vacant positions in the Long-term health after Severe Acute Malnutrition in children and adults: the role of the Pancreas (SAMPA) study. SAMPA is a longitudinal study investigating the links between undernutrition and future diabetes risk and will be based in Mwanza city.
JOB POSITION: DRIVER (1 POST)
Candidate shall be responsible in driving institution’ vehicles safely to the destinations, help with the loading and unloading of their loads, keep logs of their activities and routes and make sure their vehicles are maintained in good working order.
The Driver will report and work under the Head of Human Resources and Administration Department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To drive SAMPA project vehicle;
- To ensure that all vehicles and accessories are in good conditions;
- To undertake minor repairs;
- To ensure that vehicles are serviced regularly;
- To record in the Log Book all trips/journeys made;
- To check the vehicle for proper operations;
- To report all problems to their supervisors;
- To ensure that the motor vehicles are always clean and in good condition;
- To drive the institute vehicles safely and comfortably and must exercise defensive driving vehicles on the road to prevent accident;
- To monitor and report expiration and renewal of the vehicles insurance and his/ her license;
- To inspect the vehicles for defects and safe operating condition before, during and after trips and submit a written report on the condition;
- To report all accident and the related incidences encountered;
- To drive the vehicle in safe and proper manner and obeys local traffic laws and regulations;
- To check the vehicles every day before driving to ensure that all system are functioning properly;
- To maintain a register for regular maintenance and;
- To perform other relevant duties as may be assigned by the
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCES:
- Holder of a form IV National Examination Certificate;
- A valid Class C driving license;
- Advanced Driving (VIP Drivers course) is an added advantage;
- Must have a clean record in driving for at least three years;
- Strong language skills fluency in written and spoken English and Swahili;
- Self-motivated; able to work independently under minimal supervision to complete tasks and respond to appropriate project authority requests and to collaborate with others;
- A team player with a strong organization, planning with ability to prioritize tasks for both self and team to meet requirements and deadlines;
- The applicant should be a Tanzanian below 45 years
- Up to one-year employment contract which may be renewed on the basis of performance and mutual agreement.
- The successful candidate will be based at NIMR-Mwanza, Mwanza City.
- A competitive salary will be offered as per Government of Tanzania’s Salary Scale.
Method of ApplicationAll applications should be enclosed with certified photocopies of relevant certificates and detailed curriculum vitae. Applicants are required to submit their applications not
later than two weeks after the first appearance (see the date above) of this advertisement to the address below. Applicants are also reminded to indicate all contact information necessary with which information can reach them easily.
The Centre Director,
NIMR, Mwanza Research Centre,
P.O. Box 1462,
Closing Date : 10th September , 2021.
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified. In case you do not hear from us in two weeks’ time after the closing date consider yourself unsuccessful.