Driver at Medical Teams International
- Company: Medical Teams International
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
Driver (1) POSITION
Medical Teams International – Tanzania
Team: MTI TZ
Reports to (position): Procurement and Logistics Officer
Location(s): DAR ES SALAAM
Work Days & Hours: 40/45 Standard work week. May require some overnights and work on Saturday or Sunday.
Travel: Extensive driving throughout.
If Manager of Staff, Positions Supervised: (directly & indirectly) Drivers # of Positions Supervised N/a
Medical Teams International Calling:
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
The Driver provides reliable and safe driving services to the Medical Teams International staff and other officials and mission members, meeting MTI highest standards of discretion and integrity, sense of maturity and responsibility, and excellent knowledge of protocol, and safety security issues.
- Provide reliable and safe driving services, ensuring the safety and well-being of passengers
- Keep abreast of traffic rules and regulations as well as road security and safety awareness to enable safe, on-time arrival for any movement including meetings and appointments
- Maintain daily vehicle logs, inspections, daily kilometers, fuel consumption, oil change, servicing, greasing, repairs
- Prepare and maintain data of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports, awareness of vehicles servicing, required items for services.
- Ensure that the official vehicle is kept clean and is always in good working order.
- Supports the preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports
- Tracks insurance and applicable tax formalities
- Make minor repairs and recommendations for major repairs
- Change oil, check tires, spare tires, jacks, lights, horn, clutch and brakes and wash car regularly
- Ensure that vehicles comply with MTI safety and security standards and reports any conditions of concerns to a Manager
- Ensure that communications devices (e.g. cellular phone) is in proper working order before each trip
- Ensure the vehicle has sufficient fuel at all times.
- Follows safe vehicle loading and unloading procedures.
- Keeps the vehicle clean and free of debris; follows other vehicle cleaning procedures.
- Maintain and ensure availability of all required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, and safety and security document, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle;
- In case of accidents/emergencies, evacuates staff according to written and practiced procedures.
- In the event of an accident, assures that medical emergency procedures are followed; completes a written accident report as required by delegate’s procedure and other authorities.
- Assist office staff in filing, photocopying and maintaining required records.
- Assist in the mailing and distribution of publications and payment of bills, as required.
- Supports safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, and Child & Vulnerable Adult protection policies and sexual harassment policies.
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
- Possession of valid Driver’s license, class C, for a minimum of 3 years
- Attended Vocational Educational and Training Authority would be an added advantage
- Certification of defensive driving from a recognized institution preferred
- Certification in First Aid and CPR is required
- Certification in vehicle mechanics and maintenance is preferred
- Preferred: Experience working for NGO Clean driving record is required
- Minimum heavy vehicle driving in Tanzania is required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Demonstrates a client-oriented approach, courtesy, confidentiality, tact and ability to work with people of different nationality and cultural backgrounds
- In-depth knowledge of road safety regulations and defensive driving techniques
- Basic CPR and First Aid knowledge
- Quality and timely driving services; safe and on-time
- Excellent Defensive driving skills.
- Quality care and maintenance of vehicle and necessary documents
- Timely inputs to logs and records.
- Ability to speak, read, and write English and Swahili
- Ability to follow procedures in response to accidents or emergency situations
- Basic mechanical skills
- Good knowledge of geography of assigned driving locations
- Ability to support Medical Teams Calling and Code of Conduct
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
- Requires frequent use of mechanics equipment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee will be operating a motor vehicle to remote areas, where hazardous road conditions are common.
- Required to drive long distances on unpredictable or unknown terrain in various weather climates.
- The employee may be required to travel to remote areas of the world where there are potential health hazards and risks, limited hygiene facilities, extreme weather, and very basic living conditions.
Method of Application
- Interested applicants who meet the criteria should email their Application letter and CV ONLY saved as your name (Surname FirstName) in PDF or Word ONLY with subject as ‘’Driver” including 3 work related referees to; [email protected]
- Indicate your Salary expectation/ current or previous salary/Notice Period; at the bottom of your CV
- INDICATE CLEARLY IN THE SUBJECT LINE: Driver.