Driver at Médecins Sans Frontières (Msf)
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Médecins Sans Frontières (Msf)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Shinyanga
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in Tanzania
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality.These principles must apply to all MSF staff. Perform the tasks of transporting authorized goods and passengers in an MSF vehicle, ensuring its technical and safety conditions and respecting the country’s traffic rules and MSF security rules in order to provide a safe, smooth and efficient service.
- Daily check the technical conditions of the assigned vehicle (state of the tires, oil, fuel, brakes, radio equipment, spare parts, etc.), perform weekly check according to the MSF Logbook, refilling it when necessary, and keeping it clean to ensure it can be driven in perfect conditions.
- Ensure the security of passengers in the vehicle, driving carefully, observing speed limits and traffic rules in the country as well as MSF security rules in order to avoid car accidents.
- Ensure correct loading and unloading of the vehicle, in particular:
- – Submit the documents to the receiver of the goods.
- – Check the status of delivered goods.
- – Return the duly completed documents to Logistics.
- – Ensure that the goods have the necessary documents.
- Ensure that the vehicle is always in good conditions following instructions and guidelines of Logbook and carry out a hand over if another uses the vehicle.
- Ensure that all vehicle documents and the driver’s driving license are valid and in the vehicle.
- Ensure all passengers have all necessary papers in order before travelling, and ensuring non MSF staff sign disclaimers of responsibility before using the vehicle.
- Inform the line manager of any incident involving the transportation of passengers or goods.
- Know how to use all types of radios, codes, call numbers and radio alphabets by heart and communicate with base according to MSF communications policy to inform the driver position and any potential implications.
- Know and respect the security rules related to vehicle movements, specifically those related to customs, checkpoints and roadblocks. Ensure all passengers know and respect the security rules.
Minimum Educational Qualification:
Essential secondary education, NIT or VETA driving Certificate and driving license.
Good knowledge of country roads and Tanzania traffic laws with good eye vision.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Essential 2 years minimum of previous driving experience preferable experience working with NGO.
- Desirable experience with specific vehicles to use (Manual Car.) Desirable knowledge of basic mechanics
Languages: English and Swahili (fluent, oral & written), French is an asset.
Competences: Team management, Teamwork and cooperation, results oriented, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, service, organised.
How to Apply
Submit your detailed CV & cover letter, driving licence + Certificate to [email protected]g or Hand delivered in the MSF office Kahama Court, Plot No. 1736, Hamza Aziz Streem, Masaki, DSM Before 16:00 2nd Dec 2019 Please indicate in the subject line of your email the position title DRIVER. Only candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted.
Women are encouraged to apply.