Driver at European Union
- Company: European Union
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
EUROPEAN UNION DELEGATION TO THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA AND TO THE EAST AFRICAN COMMUNITY
The Delegation of the European Union to the United Republic of Tanzania and the East African Community (EAC) is looking for: Driver
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political union between 27 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The EU Delegation to the United Republic of Tanzania and the East African Community (EAC):
- Supports Tanzania’s and EAC’s development agendas and sustainable development goals for a better life for all
- Provides support with a view to inclusive growth, private sector development and job creation
- Promotes fundamental rights, good governance and accountable democracy;
- Fosters regional peace and stability, economic integration and trade development.
Upon recruitment, the successful candidates will occupy a specific job function as Driver. The job functions may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation. This is a full time employment. The posts are allocated in salary Group 5 which has a minimum gross salary of 1,482,230 TZS per month.
We offer other entitlements as per European Union human resources procedures applicable to locally recruited staff. The definitive salary will be determined based on the professional experience of the successful candidate. We offer a competitive position in an international environment. Benefits, such as additional pension scheme and medical insurance, are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
The Driver may assist in Delegation related activities;
- Executing all driving request as requested in accordance with driver app
- Regular cleaning and control check-up of the vehicles making sure that necessary maintenance and repair is identified in time avoiding cost intensive
- deterioration of the vehicle parts
- Assist with Dispatch of letters/ parcels as required
- Assist Protocol Officer to follow up on relevant documentation
- Assist Officials and Contract Agents when applying for driving licence
- Assist with reception from time to time.
- General assistance to Head of Administration when required
Method of ApplicationPlease send your detailed EuroPass CV in English filled in with the template available at https://europa.eu/europass/eportfolio/screen/cv-editor?lang=en and a Cover Letter in English. The cover letter should mention your motivation for applying.
All applications must be submitted through this email address:
The Subject of your email should be: Post No 355210 Driver
After the deadline for applications, the applications will be reviewed by a Selection Committee set up for this purpose. The Selection Committee will prepare a short-list of candidates who are considered to be the most suitable for the post on the basis of a preliminary assessment of the information provided in their application letter and the supporting documents. The short-listed candidates will be invited to an assessment phase which may include an interview if necessary during this phase, the Selection Committee will assess the suitability of the candidates for the post.
The candidates who have not been short-listed will not be contacted individually.
Deadline for applications: Friday 25th March 2022