Driver (4) at TANROADS
- Company: TANROADS
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Musoma Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
Ref. No. TANR/RM/MAR/S1/3/VOLVII/138
TANZANIA NATIONAL ROADS AGENCY (TANROADS) is a Semi -Autonomous Agency under the Ministry of Works, Transport and Communication established on July 1, 2000 and is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Tanzania Mainland’s Trank and Regional Roads Network. Its primary functions include the management of maintenance and development works, operations of the network and axle load control, the implementation of road safety and environmental measures, provision of advice on the strategic framework policies and plans for the road sector.
The Regional Manager TANROADS – MARA on behalf of Chief Executive, TANROADS, is looking for suitably qualified Tanzania candidates for various vacant posts available for the project of Upgrading of Nyamuswa-Bunda-Kisorya-Nansio Road (121.9 Km) to Bitumen Standard; Lot 1; Nyamuswa -Bulamba Section (56.4km,Weigbridge stations and Regional Manager’s Office in Mara Region. Regional Manager TANROADS – Mara invites qualified and interested candidates to apply for the following positions:
POSITION TITLE: DRIVER – (4 POSTS).
Key qualification for Driver.
- Holders of Ordinary (Form TV) or Advanced Secondary Education (Form VI) Certificates;
- Holders of Advanced Driving Certificates from recognized Institution is an added advantages ( preferable from National Institute of Transport (NIT).
- Experience m reputable Institution is an added advantage;
- Must have genuine and valid Driving License “Category C”.
- Must be fluent in both written and spoken Kiswahili and English Languages:
- Must be a Tanzanian citizen.
- Between 25 and 38 years of Age.
Duties and Responsibilities of Driver.
- Drivers Agency motor vehicles
- Keeps vehicle movement records in log book
- Collects and distribute mail as directed by responsible officers
- Inspects the vehicle before and after “safari” in order to identify defects that may need maintenance and/or repairs
- Ensures scheduled and ad-hoc maintenance of the vehicle are timely done.
- Performs any such other related duties as assigned by superiors.
Method of Application
All the interested and qualified Tanzanians are invited to submit their hand written applications enclosing detailed and signed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of relevant education, professional certificates and birth certificate together with names of three Referees and their contact addressses, telephone number (s) and e-mail addresses,.so as to reach the addressee mentioned below not later than 30,u September, 2020: time 4:30 pm. Applications vie e-mails, hand delivery and fax will not be considered.
Please apply to:
P.O. Box 81,
Musoma – Mara.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.