Dreams Program Officer at Tahea
- Company: Tahea
- Location: Tanzania
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: No Categories
Tanzania Home Economics Association (TAHEA) is a national professional organization of nutritionist, home economics, agriculturists and other related social science professions.
TAHEA envisions ‘A democratic society with better livingConditions’; with the Mission to improve the socio-economic conditions of the society through advocacy and capacity building on agriculture, food and nutrition, health and environment in collaboration with other stakeholders.
TAHEA implements the ‘Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) project in Dodoma and Iringa region. EpiC is a 5 years’ global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), dedicated to achieving and maintaining HIV epidemic control. The project provides strategic technical assistance and direct service delivery to break through barriers to 95-95-95 and promote self-reliant management of national HIV programs by improving HIV case-finding, prevention, and treatment programming. In Tanzania, EpiC will be implementing an HIV service delivery project among key and priority populations, adolescent girls and young women; and orphans and vulnerable children which aims to reduce HIV infections in pursuit of reaching 95-95-95 goals. To achieve this goal, the program will support targeted prevention and case finding strategies at community level amongst the targeted populations. TAHEA is implementing partners that is implementing the project in Dodoma region and Iringa Regions.
TAHEA is seeking for qualified candidates to fill the following vacancies in Dodoma (Dodoma city, Kondoa & Chemba) and Iringa(Mufindi):-
DREAMS Program Officer (1 Position)
Main Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Oversee the design and roll-out of a DREAMS package of services for AGYW (may include Stepping Stones Curriculum, health service demand creation activities including HIV testing and counseling and linkage to care, creation of safe spaces, GBV screening, scale-up of adolescent-friendly health services, support for economic strengthening activities and roll-out of parenting curricula, ).
- Implement use of a vulnerability index to understand risks of AGYW; utilize mapping tools to understand HIV acquisition among
- Lead efforts to strengthen quality of demand generation and service provision for AGYW.
- Strengthen capacity of and provide technical support to Tanzanian civil society organization (CSO) partners to deliver the above
- Ensure that project strategies and activities addressing youth are evidence-based and in line with state-of-the-art, globally recognized best practices; as well as aligned with GoT, PEPFAR and EpiC standards, protocols and
- Ensure that the project engages youth in all stages of the project to promote youth leadership and ensure that youth perspectives are taken into
- Promote integration across a range of services for youth to take a holistic, family- centered approach to improving their
- Ensure all youth-focused strategies are gender-sensitive and promote equitable programming.
- Liaise with GoT counterparts, service providers, CSO partners and stakeholders to ensure activities are well-coordinated with other national and regional
- Take lead in planning, coordination and implementation of DREAMS Initiative at district
- Provide technical assistance for DREAMS services through trainings and on-site mentorship activities based on national guidelines and protocols
- Build the capacity of the CSO’s DREAMS teams, Facility and community structures to provide services timely services as per the National guidelines
- Work closely with the project M&E team and CSO’s to ensure regular updates of the DREAMS tracker and accurate and timely
- Ensure timely reporting and documentation of results from the DREAMS implementation in collaboration with M&E team with focus on accurate data for timely entry in the DAMES
- Foster collaboration with partners and district DREAMS coordination teams and local government
- Strengthen referral and linkages between health facility and community service delivery points for AGYW and partners
- Support establishment of community Quality Improvement teams to support implementation of AGYW risk reduction plans in identified communities
- Strengthen partner coordination in the district through monthly meetings and joint field activities
- Develop timely activity trip plans, budgets and implementation plans on weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- Timely submit activity progress reports on monthly and quarterly basis
- Represent the project at DREAMS regional and district level meetings including other DREAMS IP’s at the
- Document project success stories and case studies for sharing with a wider
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor/Senior Technical officer DREAMS/ Senior Technical Advisor
- Develop and/or contribute to technical briefs, reports, guidelines and other
Qualifications and other requirements specific to the role;-
- Social Science degrees or Clinical degree (nurse, physician) with 3 to 5 years of relevant experience; or
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in provision of PEPFAR DREAMS services to AGYW at community
- Experience working with AGYW aged 15-24 years; familiarity with evidenced-based strategies for reducing their vulnerability and providing targeted services; familiarity with the PEPFAR DREAMS package of
- Knowledge of health and development programs in Tanzania including familiarity with the national youth guidelines, standards and protocols. Familiarity with Tanzania public health sector at multiple levels; experience working with GoT
- Familiarity and experience with USAID/PEPFAR-funded
- Experience in programs serving KVP and AGYW. Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and sound understanding of the needs of vulnerable
- Experience in technical capacity building of Tanzanian CSOs, especially those working with AGYW.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English
- Well-developed computer
Method of Application
Application are to be lodged through email: [email protected]
Candidates are required to mention the ‘Position Title’ on the subject line of the e-mail. All applicants MUST attach cover letter and their updated Curriculum Vitae with certified copies of academic certificates as supporting documents to their applications.
All applications should be submitted not later than 16:00 HRS on Saturday, 10th October, 2020
Important Note: Offers of employment or job openings with requests for payment or fees should be treated with extreme caution, viewed as potentially fraudulent and reported immediately.