District Quality Advisor, Tanzania at Palladium
- Company: Palladium
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Palladium develops and delivers innovative, locally relevant, evidence-based solutions to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. Since 1971, we have assisted governmental and non-governmental agencies, foundations, and the private sector by designing, implementing, and evaluating programs in HIV/AIDS, sexual and reproductive health, population and family planning, maternal and child health, infectious diseases, and gender. Palladium has deep expertise in policy and advocacy, research and strategic information, health markets and private sector engagement, modeling and economic analysis, patient monitoring and management/HMIS, strategic consulting, and program management.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Palladium is currently seeking multiple Quality Advisors to support implementation of the Translating Data for Implementation (Data.FI) award which is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). Data.FI partners with PEPFAR programs to accelerate and sustain access to high-quality data to expedite HIV and COVID-19 epidemic control and maintenance. Data.FI supports host country governments to enhance existing health information systems (HIS) and conduct in-depth analysis of epidemiologic and program data to inform management responses to gaps in programming and sustain impact by supporting local partner transition.
Purpose of Position:
In Tanzania, Data.FI will support the government (PORALG) and USAID to strengthen and expand the application of the Makole Model as a change management approach to improve productivity and the quality of services at health facilities. The District Quality Advisor will support implementation and expand the scope of the quality improvement initiative known as the Makole Model, successfully implemented at the health facility level, through the development of Situation Rooms at the district levels. The District Quality Advisor will work closely with PORALG, MOH, UNICEF, and other technical partners present at the district level to leverage data from routine health information systems and existing quality improvement and quality assurance platforms to improve productivity, quality of services and institutional performance.
This position will be based at the district level, to be selected by the National Technical Advisory Group, chaired by the PORALG. The initial position term is 4 months (June – September 2021) with an extension for up to 3 years, depending on funding.
- Under the supervision of the Senior Quality Advisor, the District Quality Advisors will implement quality improvement and quality assurance strategies at the district level.
- Build effective working relationships with district PORALG, MOH, and implementing partners at the district level.
- Assess strengths, weaknesses and needs of district officials to be able to conduct QI/QA initiatives at the district level and support QIQA/ processes at the health facility.
- Provide training for district officials to launch Situation Room meetings for data review and use which identifies the root cause of performance problems and incorporates the Plan-Do-See Act (PDSA) QA/QI approach for engaging in appreciative inquiry and corrective action planning.
- Provide support to district officials and partner organizations starting up facility-based QI teams. Ensure feedback loops between facility-based QI teams, who will provide regular reports on facility progress and make recommendations for next steps, with district and national level data use teams.
- Leverage adult learning principles to create interactive sessions intended to engage critical thinking skills, encourage accountability, and be highly systematized for ease of replicability.
- Provide feedback to the Data Visualization Specialist to ensure analytics and dashboards are designed to promote and reflect decision making and respond to user requirements.
- Promote knowledge management efforts aimed at tracking impact of data use strategies.
- A clinical degree (Nurse, Clinical Officer, MD) or Master of Public Health or Health Care Management required; both preferred
- Demonstrated skills in building the capacity of stakeholders in quality improvement principles; this includes strong skills in facilitating the interpretation and use of data by program managers.
- Knowledge of project management principles and ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to effectively write technical documents, lead meetings, develop and conduct trainings and deliver presentations.
- Familiarity with the Makole Model a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, TEAMS), experience with DHIS2 and Business Intelligence tools an advantage.
- Ability to temporarily relocate to the district level within Tanzania required.
- Ability to work legally in Tanzania required.
- Fluency in English required, fluency in Swahili preferred.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 20th May, 2021.