District Program Lead at HJFMRI
- Company: HJFMRI
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Mbeya Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Join us in our efforts to end the HIV epidemic in Tanzania. Be part of the winning team to advance global health and save the lives of people living with HIV.
About HJFMRI Tanzania
HJF Medical Research International, Inc. Tanzania (HJFMRI) implements two (2) PEPFAR supported HIV care and treatment programs through the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR) of the US – Department of Defence (DoD) in close collaboration with the Tanzanian Ministry of Health (MoH) and the President’s Office, Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG). The interventions supported under these two programs include HIV Testing Services, Adult and Pediatric Care and Treatment, PMTCT, TB/HIV Collaboration, CECAP, Supply Chain Management, Laboratory Services, Research and Community HIV Services including DREAMS.
The Southern Highlands (SHL) Program works with the Regional and Council Health Management Teams to implement these interventions in Rukwa, Katavi, Mbeya, and Songwe while in Ruvuma region, the program implements Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) intervention only. The Tanzania People’s Defense Forces (TPDF) Program implements the same interventions in 21 Military Health facilities in both Tanzania Mainland and Zanzibar.
CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES:
HJF Medical Research International, Inc. Tanzania (HJFMRI-T) is seeking qualified candidates to fill the open positions listed below.
|15.||Job Title:||District Program Lead|
|Reports to:||Regional Program Manager|
The District Program Lead oversees the implementation of the HJFMRI Tanzania PEPFAR HIV Program in the respective district council as guided by the PEPFAR Country Operational Plan, Tanzania Ministry of Health guidelines, HJFMRI policies, SOPS and USG rules and regulations. The incumbent coordinates the provision of supportive supervision, mentorship, and coaching (for the clinical component) and assists in the development of and oversees the implementation of remediation plans to gaps identified at the health facilities across all technical areas/domains in the respective district.
The position takes the lead in determining gaps in capabilities among facility staff in the respective district council, development, and implementation of various capacity building programs to bridge the identified gaps in capabilities among facility staff to deliver quality services. The incumbent coordinates, manages, plans, and implements various initiatives and activities to achieve specific goals and objectives set by HJFMRI Tanzania in their respective district or council, including conducting basic M&E activities to monitor care and treatment programs. The position reports to the respective Regional Program Manager.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage the day-to-day implementation of the HJFMRI Tanzania PEPFAR HIV Program in the respective district council as guided by the PEPFAR Country Operational Plan, Tanzania Ministry of Health guidelines, HJFMRI policies, SOPs, and USG rules and regulations.
- Develop annual work plans and objectives for the programs within the district considering the needs and priorities set by the organization in collaboration with R/CHMT.
- Oversee the execution of programs, ensuring that resources, timelines, and budgets are appropriately allocated and utilized.
- Monitor and track performance progress to assess effectiveness, data demand and usage and make necessary adjustments for continuous improvement together with collaborating with the M&E team to ensure availability of M&E tools and their correct use for data recording and reporting.
- Coordinate regular program review meetings for the facility and community at the district level.
- Ensure CHMT and facility staff establish CQI teams that meet regularly to identify service delivery challenges and improve on them based on the tested interventions. This includes the establishment of HIV care multi-disciplinary teams at the facility level.
- Work with CHMT and facilities to identify clinical, infrastructure, and human resource needs for the quality implementation of HIV care and treatment services in the council.
- Ensure the program targets are shared and owned by the council authorities, and facilities, and every effort is done to ensure targets are achieved at the end of the year.
- Ensure coordination and support of the availability of HIV commodities through HJFMRI gap fillings and collaborations with the CHMT, SCMS, and MSD.
- Work closely with CHMTs to coordinate the implementation and monitoring of HTS, linkage, integrated HIV care and treatment services, RCH/PMTCT activities, early infant diagnosis (EID), TB/HIV collaborative activities, PrEP services at the facility and community, GBV, VMMC and CECAP services at the facility level and through outreach activities and ensure the services are delivered in accordance with the national guidelines.
- Capacitate the healthcare workers and facilities by performing regular supportive supervision, mentorship, and technical assistance visits at HJFMRI supported Care and Treatment facilities in line with program objectives and MoH guidelines and cooperation with CHMTs and RHMTs.
- Collaborate with the Regional Program Manager, Community Program Coordinators and Senior Technical Advisors to develop action plans to gaps identified in the HIV/AIDS continuum of care during supportive supervision and oversee the implementation and follow-up of said action plans.
- Liaise with the District Data Manager and collaborate with CHMT to ensure proper documentation and reporting of all indicators and provide timely remediation of underperformance in the district.
- Facilitate and coordinate Quality Improvement activities/initiatives with facility QI teams for sustainable performance improvement.
- Liaise with District Pharmacist, District Lab Technologist and HJFMRI Supply Chain Management team to support supply chain management services and ensure uninterrupted availability of HIV commodities at all levels within the district.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Doctor of Medicine degree (MD) required. Postgraduate training in public health or related studies of internal medicine or infectious diseases preferred.
- At least 3 years’ relevant experience in providing HIV/AIDS clinical and prevention care in Tanzania or previous experience working in HIV/AIDS care and treatment or research programs funded by PEPFAR.
- Good understanding of the Tanzania regulatory environment, health systems and structures, administrative structure, including working with the District Government.
- Excellent organization and communication skills including a demonstrated ability to write technical documents and give state-of-the-art presentations.
- Ability to spend 75% of the time on travel within the district.
- Analytical, problem solving and exceptional organizational skills.
- Demonstrate high integrity and strong values, including confidentiality.
- Ability to build and maintain sound relationships with multi stakeholders; competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels.
- Ability to multitask, successfully manage work pressure, with minimum supervision.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Ability to meet and communicate schedules and deadlines.
- Demonstrate exceptional professional judgment.
- Independent, yet still a team player.
- Proven ability for data analysis and program management.
Method of ApplicationAll applications (cover letter and updated CV with three professional referees, in PDF format) should be submitted to [email protected] not later than 13th October 2023. Hand-delivered applications shall not be accepted. To be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE. As detailed in the job description(s) below, those who do not meet the minimum requirements will not be considered.
HJFMRI is an equal-opportunity Employer. Women are encouraged to Apply.