District Data Officer (DDO) (8) at MDH
- Company: MDH
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
POSITION: District Data Officer (DDO) (8 posts)
LOCATION: Kagera and Dar es Salaam
REPORTS TO: District Project Manager
Job Summary: District Data Officer (DDO) is a key person in the district to ensure Afya Kwanza data collection, organization, reporting and use. She/He is responsible for maintaining databases in all facilities including troubleshooting challenges reported by Data officers. DDO oversees and supports Data officers to undertake their routine tasks on day to day basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To develop, modify, and maintain databases in the respective district.
2. To develop data input controls, range and logic checks, and other data management processes based on input from other team members.
3. To ensure the accuracy of data entry and collaborate with study-specific data supervisors to resolve data entry issues.
4. To design, modify, generate, and maintain database reports using Microsoft Access in collaboration with other District Data Officers.
5. To train data team in the use of data entry and cleaning programs.
6. To train Data Supervisors to develop and implement ad hoc queries; and provide them with technical assistance in running data cleaning programs, to resolve discrepancies in data entry.
7. To perform programming work to manipulate and clean data, create variables and format libraries, develop queries for data cleaning, and prepare analysis datasets; analyse and tabulate data; and create graphic representations of statistical information.
8. To work with Data Supervisors to develop standard operating procedures for QA/QC, do evaluation of data entry accuracy, and work performance of the data team staff members.
9. To monitor district progress on weekly basis and work with district project manager to report on weekly and monthly district performance.
10. To mentor facility staff on data analysis and reporting to ensure data driven decision making.
11. To develop relevant knowledge and skills through training and self-study; remain current on new trends in DBMS; and inform program development management.
12. To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills:
1. Bachelor Degree or Advanced Diploma in Computer Science, Statistics or related field.
2. At least two (2) years of experience in data management and or programming.
3. Able to work with MS Access and Visual Basic or Visual Basic for Applications (VBA).
4. Good in both oral and written English and Kiswahili.
5. Able to work independently and in a team.
6. Able to generate reports from various data bases.
7. Experience in working in donor funded programs and clinical research trials will be an added advantage.<
Method of ApplicationInterested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter, a detailed copy of their CV, names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees. The candidate MUST clearly indicate the Title of the position applied for (as it appears in the advertisement) on the heading of the email. Applications should be submitted to the Human Resource Director through email [email protected] by 30th September 2021.
MDH DO NOT have any agents and DO NOT charge any fees to the interested candidates. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.