District Data Manager x21 at HJFMRI
- Company: HJFMRI
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Mbeya Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Join us in our efforts to end the HIV epidemic in Tanzania. Be part of the winning team to advance global health and save the lives of people living with HIV.
About HJFMRI Tanzania
HJF Medical Research International, Inc. Tanzania (HJFMRI) implements two (2) PEPFAR supported HIV care and treatment programs through the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR) of the US – Department of Defence (DoD) in close collaboration with the Tanzanian Ministry of Health (MoH) and the President’s Office, Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG). The interventions supported under these two programs include HIV Testing Services, Adult and Pediatric Care and Treatment, PMTCT, TB/HIV Collaboration, CECAP, Supply Chain Management, Laboratory Services, Research and Community HIV Services including DREAMS.
The Southern Highlands (SHL) Program works with the Regional and Council Health Management Teams to implement these interventions in Rukwa, Katavi, Mbeya, and Songwe while in Ruvuma region, the program implements Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) intervention only. The Tanzania People’s Defense Forces (TPDF) Program implements the same interventions in 21 Military Health facilities in both Tanzania Mainland and Zanzibar.
CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES:
HJF Medical Research International, Inc. Tanzania (HJFMRI-T) is seeking qualified candidates to fill the open positions listed below.
|17.||Job Title:||District Data Manager – (21 Posts)|
|Reports to:||Regional Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Lead|
|Job Location:||Mbeya, Songwe, Rukwa and Katavi|
The District Data Manager shall oversee the HJFMRI Tanzania PEPFAR Program monitoring and evaluation activities at the community and facility program supported sites in the district. The incumbent will ensure high quality data is collected, analyzed, and reported to support program monitoring and decision making. The position will oversee the work of all data staff in the facility and community program supported sites. The position reports to the respective Regional M&E Lead.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
- Conduct data collection, analysis, and entry into the program data warehouse.
- Support health care provider in the facilities to generate accurate, complete, and timely reports for all HIV and AIDS related services.
- Collaborate with facility in charges, CTC in charges and CHMTs in supervising the day-to-day activities of data clerks in the councils.
- Provide technical assistance and mentorship to facility and community data staff on using different program and national systems for data collection and reporting.
- Ensure data quality through regular audits, verifications, and validation exercises.
- Manage electronic databases (CTC2, TB/HIV treatment etc.) ensuring data security, backup, and easy accessibility for authorized personnel.
- Regularly verify and validate data in the DATIM, IMPACT and DHIS2, coordinating with facilities for any necessary corrections.
- Prepare regular reports for district stakeholders highlighting progress, challenges, and recommendations.
- Regularly carry out DQA in line with DQA Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and PEPFAR recommendations and implement recommended remediation actions following DQA site visits.
- Ensure each district adheres to policies regarding data quality assurance and reporting.
- Conduct trainings for healthcare workers at facility and community level on PEPFAR data tools, indicators, and reporting requirements.
- Promote the use of PEPFAR tools (Monthly portal and CTC analytics in all facilities to improve site level data use and performance improvement).
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Information Management, or related field required.
- At least 3 years’ experience in data management in a PEPFAR funded project.
- Good understanding of PEPFAR indicators and reporting systems and tools.
- Expertise in DHIS2, DATIM, CTC2 database, pharmacy and HTS modules, CTC analytics and monthly portal.
- Proficiency in data analytics tools (e.g., SQL, GIS, and Tableau).
- Proficiency in data visualization tools and electronic data capture systems.
- Demonstrated ability in fostering collaboration and maintaining partnerships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and training skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams and stakeholders.
- Analytical, problem solving and exceptional organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and relationship skills, including flexibility, diplomacy, intercultural communicative competence, and respect for colleagues.
- Demonstrate high integrity and strong values, including confidentiality.
- Ability to build and maintain sound relationships with multi stakeholders; competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels.
- Ability to multitask, successfully manage work pressure, with minimum supervision.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Ability to meet and communicate schedules and deadlines. Demonstrate exceptional professional judgment.
Method of ApplicationAll applications (cover letter and updated CV with three professional referees, in PDF format) should be submitted to [email protected] not later than 13th October 2023. Hand-delivered applications shall not be accepted. To be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE. As detailed in the job description(s) below, those who do not meet the minimum requirements will not be considered.
HJFMRI is an equal-opportunity Employer. Women are encouraged to Apply.