District Data Manager (3) at HJFMRI
- Company: HJFMRI
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Songwe
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Join us in our efforts to strengthen and institutionalize monitoring and evaluation systems in SHL for efficient and effective HIV and AIDS resource mobilization.
The Walter Reed Program Tanzania (WRP-T) is a collaborative effort that supports PEPFAR-funded HIV prevention and treatment activities in the Southern Highlands and within the Tanzania People’s Defense Forces (TPDF). HJF Medical Research International, Inc Tanzania (HJFMRI-T) is a local non-profit that has supported these efforts since 2004 for the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR). PEPFAR activities are conducted in close collaboration with the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children; and the President’s Office of the Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG), through the Regional and Council Health Management Teams.
HJFMRI-T HJF Medical Research International, Inc. Tanzania (HJFMRI-T) providing care and treatment to people affected by HIV/AIDS and has been actively involved in HIV and AIDS programming, providing resources, personnel, and services to the Southern Highlands Zone regions namely Mbeya, Rukwa, Katavi, and Songwe. The program also supports TPDF to implement a comprehensive HIV prevention care and treatment program in 21 Military sites throughout the country.
It is in this regard that WRP-T in collaboration with the Songwe Regional Government seeks to recruit 12 data entry clerks, 3 district data managers, 1 Information Technology Officer, 3 Clinicians and 2 ART nurses to undertake data related tasks and care and treatment activities for the HIV Program for the short term contract of (10) Months from December 2020 to September 2021 with contract renewal possibilities based on performance
Job Title: District Data Manager (3 Positions)
Report to: DMO and HJF SI officer
Location: Songwe Region
Terms of Employment: One year contract with option for renewal
- University degree in Health Monitoring and Evaluation or in Planning, Record management, statistics and /or Advance Diploma in Planning from a government recognized University. He/she shall have additional qualifications in computer Information Technology, Training in Statistics, Data Management and /or a related discipline.
- Ability to use any statistical analysis software (i.e. STATA, SPSS etc);
- Proven computer skills and strong knowledge of MS Office applications especially Excel
- Working experience in data management/ Monitoring and Evaluation; Good experience of HMIS tools, CTC2 database and DHIS2;
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise, coordinate and provide technical support to the assigned health facilities’ Data Clerks on data collection, compilation and analysis
- Ensure all project reports; daily, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports are of high quality and are produced and submitted and entered into program data reporting systems on time.
- Work in collaboration with R/CHMTs, HMIS unit and health facilities’ HCWs to ensure smooth coordination of all monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Ensure availability of tools at the health facilities and respective within the assigned district councils xv. Provide data entry support to CHMTs into the DHIS2 including conducting data reviews and validations at health facilities and districts levels.
- Ensure all Data Clerks under his/her portfolio collaborate with CBHS at community and health facility levels for tracking defaulters, producing list of Missed Appointment and LTFU and updating the database accordingly when patients return to care
- Provide all the necessary support and assistance on data requests at health facilities/district(s) and to donor HJFMRI
- Ensure all Data Clerks conduct weekly and monthly tracking of all HIV positive clients from all testing points at health facility level
- Actively participate in all QI related activities and ensure provision of accurate data on monitored indicators by the QI team within respective district(s).
- Work with regional IT Officers to provide database support to all electronic sites by ensuring all databases within the district/s have the most current version at all times
- Provide job mentorship to CHMT, HCWs, CSOs and data clerks on data entry and report generation including analysis as the need arises.
- Plan and carry out data quality audits in collaboration with the program’s M&E & Technical team
- Track Daily performance of Data Clerks by ensuring that daily and weekly reports and well compiled and submitted to next level on time
- Working closely with DACC in preparation, review and compilation of program activity reports and ontime submission to Regional level offices.
- Performing any other related duties as assigned by the supervisor from time to time
- All applicants must be citizens of Tanzania of not more than 45 years of age.
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum vitae (CV) having reliable contacts (Postal Address, E-Mail, three passport size photos, and Telephone numbers.
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement. iv. Applicants must attach relevant certified copies of Academic and training certificates.
- Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
Method of ApplicationCover letters, resumes and Education certificates should be sent via email to [email protected]
NOTE: To be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB and LOCATION in the SUBJECT LINE.
The deadline for submitting the application is 20 November 2020.
Those who do not meet the minimum requirements, as detailed in the job description below, will not be considered.