District Community Services Manager (9) at MDH
- Company: MDH
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
POSITION: District Community Services Manager (9 Posts)
LOCATION: Tabora, Kagera & Geita
REPORTS TO: District Project Manager (DPM)/Regional Community Services Manager (RCSM)
Job Summary: The District Community Services Manager (RCSM) is responsible for the implementation of MDH’s community and key and vulnerable population (KVP) program in the district. She/he will work with the Council Health Management Teams CHMTs, Community Volunteers, Civil Society Organizations (CSOs), Health Facilities (HFs) and other stakeholders to support provision of recommended community HIV prevention, ART and KVP services including Index and Mobile HIV Testing Services (HTS), HIV Self Testing (HIVST) and Social Network Testing (SNT); Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP); Social and Behavior Change Communication (SBCC), community ART, patient tracking and continuity of care and other services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To work with and support CHMTs, in the provision and scale up of recommended community HIV prevention and KVP services including Index and mobile HTS, HIVST, SNT, PrEP, SBCC, community ART, and patient tracking and continuity of care.
2. To support the DPM in the implementation, monitoring and reporting of the district workplan and ensure efficient linkages and continuum of care between community HIV and KVP services with facility-based services.
3. To provide technical guidance and capacity building to other community program staff, CHMT, CSOs and other stakeholders on the provision of community HIV prevention, ART and KVP services in-line with national and PEPFAR guidance.
4. To support dissemination and operationalization of national guidelines, SOPs, job aids, IECs, training manuals, M&E and others tools on the community HIV and KVP programming.
5. To support monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) of MDH’s community program including data collection, quality assurance, analysis, reporting and data utilization.
6. To work with CHMTs to conduct routine district feedback meetings with key stakeholders to reflect on the community program implementation and outcomes.
7. To support efforts to identify gaps in community HIV and KVP program, and implementation of continuous quality improvement (CQI) initiatives and operational research to address gaps.
8. To support analysis, documentation and dissemination of MDHs’ community program outcomes and best practices via abstracts, posters, manuscripts, policy briefs, presentations, and others.
9. To contribute towards expanding MDH’s portfolio in HIV and other public health programs through writing grants and operational research proposals.
10. To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills:
1. Bachelor Degree in Medicine, Nursing or Related Health Field.
2. Master’s degree in public health, community development or related is an added advantage.
3. At least three (3) years of experience working in community HIV and KVP programs and services.
4. Demonstrable leadership experience in public health programs and services with competencies in supervising individuals and teams to deliver intended outcomes.
5. Experience in Health Communication and Prevention programming including Social and Behavior Change Communication (SBCC).
6. Experience in MEL, data Analysis, Interpretation and Utilization in the health sector.
7. Fluent in both written and spoken English and Swahili Languages.
Method of ApplicationInterested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter, a detailed copy of their CV, names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees. The candidate MUST clearly indicate the Title of the position applied for (as it appears in the advertisement) on the heading of the email. Applications should be submitted to the Human Resource Director through email [email protected] by 30th September 2021.
MDH DO NOT have any agents and DO NOT charge any fees to the interested candidates. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.