District Business Development Officer at Tembo Nickel
- Company: Tembo Nickel
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kagera Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
DISTRICT BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT OFFICER – NGARA
Tembo Nickel is seeking to recruit a District Business Development Officer to join the Tembo Nickel Project Team. This role will be responsible for identifying potential suppliers within Ngara district and to develop them as long-term partners of Tembo Nickel.
The successful candidate will report to the Procurement Manager
Duty Station: Tembo Nickel Project Site- Ngara
Duties and Responsibilities
- Help to prospect and identify potential new suppliers on targeted commodities in line with the relevant managers.
- Coordinate with Community Relations in developing plans on how local suppliers withing Ngara district can be developed and supported.
- Identify internal supply opportunities and share with local suppliers within Ngara district.
- Perform maturity assessment to assess overall supplier capability and drive performance improvement plans.
- Train suppliers in Ngara district on issues relating to compliance including issues relating to tax and other regulation.
- Drive continuous improvement of supplier’s quality, cycle, and delivery performance through Six Sigma quality tools.
- Coach, mentors, develop, and at times lead training on quality methods & processes
- Establish and maintain supplier performance metrics (cost, delivery, service, quality, innovation, social responsibility) together with the sourcing team.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement, Accounting, Material Management, Supply Chain, Logistics Management or Business Administration.
- 5 years of work experience in inventory management.
- Conversant with inventory management systems.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, prioritize appropriately and handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously with various cross functional team.
Method of ApplicationApplicants are invited to send their resumes indicating the role title in the subject via email [email protected]
Application closing date is 30th October,2022
Note: We are committed to provide equal employment opportunities based on merits and we do not charge candidates any fees in the whole recruitment process
Tembo Nickel offers a competitive remuneration package and ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.