Discovery Centre & Kijana Klub Supervisor at Four Seasons Serengeti
- Company: Four Seasons Serengeti
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Four Seasons Serengeti is located deep in the heart of the world’s most celebrated wildlife reserves, where the Big Five – the lion, the leopard, the buffalo, the elephant and the rhinoceros – run free on the endless, untamed landscape. Perched on a series of elevated platforms and walkways, our Lodge sits next to an animal watering hole, where our guests can watch a family of elephants stop for their morning drink. Under the constant protection of local Maasai tribespeople, our guests can go on an exhilarating game drive, or soar high in the sky on a hot-air balloon safari.
Work Authorization: Open for Tanzanian Nationals only.
Applications are invited for the following Post: Discovery Centre Supervisor – 1
Four Seasons Safari Lodge Serengeti is looking for a highly qualified and motivated candidate to be recruited for the position of Discovery Centre Supervisor.
Responsible for assisting in managing, overseeing, planning, organising, leading and monitoring all activities related to the Discovery Centre and Kijana Klub. Will assist in managing shifts at the Discovery Centre & Kijana Klub and oversee the overall wildlife and cultural guest experiences at the Lodge. Responds to a wide variety of guest requests by accurately assessing guest needs/requests and provide additional personal recommendations and touches to achieve maximum guest satisfaction while complying with all policies and procedures of the Lodge.
1. Responsible for the day-to-day running of the Discovery Centre and Kijana Klub.
2. Assist the Discovery Centre manager design programs for the Lodge that will enhance the overall guest experience and educate guests, as well as employees, on the significance of wildlife conservation, history and people of the Serengeti region.
3. Oversee the wildlife and cultural guest experience at the Lodge; develop and provide specific educational programs about the Maasai and the local flora & fauna to the guests.
4. Assist in arranging and overseeing talks, documentary and movie screenings, special events, group programs etc at the Discovery Centre and Kijana Klub.
5. Identify conservation and community-based projects in the surrounding area that Four Seasons can viably support.
6. Set up, control and manage the Walking Safari Program for guests at the Lodge together with all required amenities and coordinate for sundowner experience.
7. Identify and assist to plan local game drive routes within and around the Lodge as deemed necessary with developing guest demand and reviewed on annual basis.
8. Play a leading role in the Lodge’s Green Committee; oversee the Lodge Environmental Program, Conservation and other Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives and awareness programs. Work with other departments to co-ordinate their involvement and the success of the Lodge initiatives.
9. Where appropriate provide specific educational topics on green initiatives about the environment, community and conservation projects, flora and fauna as part of people development plan across other departments.
10. Leading guests on Discovery Centre related activities, as well as assisting other departments when needed.
1. Assist with management of the Lodge’s Discovery Centre Fund donations; both encouraging guest contributions and identifying projects to be supported.
2. Converse with guests and answer questions regarding the Lodge and Serengeti.
3. Assist with training of new employees and trainees. Participate fully in departmental training sessions and regular standards testing. Fill in any skill gaps and knowledge.
4. Assists with the operations and management of other departments when required.
5. Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
6. May be required to temporarily relocate to Arusha logistics office to assist as needed.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Education: Minimum B.Sc. directly related to Wildlife Conservation or Ecology, Tourism or Cultural Heritage.
Experience: Minimum three years in Hospitality or service-related preferred. Tourism and Hospitality background a plus. Clear track record with relevant references.
Skills and Abilities: Self-managed, organized, leads by example and exhibits high moral standards and ethics. A natural leader that knows how to delegate and who strives to exceed guests’ expectation. Flexible, shows initiative and result driven. Customer service oriented. Solid teamwork, cooperation and interpersonal/intercultural skills a must. Excellent English language oral, listening and writing skills required. Other foreign language skills a plus. Clear and well-spoken with a presentable (neat/friendly and smiling) image, with exceptional personal hygiene. Passionate about wildlife, historical and cultural heritage and arts. Good computer skills required. Guiding qualification and driving license is an added advantage.
Travel required: Occasionally, may be required to travel to, and temporarily assist with or relocate to Arusha logistics office, plus other work-related local trips.
No. of employees supervised: 3+
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 7th April, 2023.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE