Disaster Response Global Marketing Lead at Compassion
- Company: Compassion
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
PLEASE NOTE: The hiring range applies to US-based employment and may be higher in certain US geographic locations. Local salary structures will apply for candidates in other countries.
As the Disaster Response Global Marketing Lead, you will play a critical leadership role in establishing and delivering proactive and standardized product management for Compassion’s Disaster/Crisis Response global product. This will include being the lead and point person for the Global Partner Alliance (GPA), supporting them with the resources, tools, and critical information to help them serve their supporter neighbours during any/all disasters and major crises.
Reporting to the Director of Product Management for Targeted Response, you will serve as a leader among Global Marketing & Brand Experience’s (GMBX) global product group, owning and driving a combination of product management (assessing performance and making recommendations to improve it), product development (leading product development initiatives) and product marketing (enabling local teams with strategies/frameworks/tools to market products) for the ministry’s Disaster/Crisis Response global product.
Working closely with Disaster Resilience teams in Global Program, Risk, Legal, Finance, national office teams, and other functions, you will lead cross-functional efforts to coordinate and implement response strategies (e.g., fundraising, creative, servicing, communication, experience, etc.) in a dynamic environment where no two disasters/crises are the same.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is remote and can be based in the US or in one of Compassion’s countries. The application and resume/CV must be submitted in English.
In your first year, you will:
- Define and set the Disaster/Crisis Response global product vision and strategy, identify its value proposition relative to neighbour/ministry needs, and set out clear success criteria and measures
- Build and finalize a Disaster/Crisis Response MVP (minimal viable product) to form a clear way of working (i.e. roles, process, systems, implementation protocols, etc.)
- Establish effective relationships with colleagues/stakeholders across the global ministry to understand and champion the needs of Disaster/Crisis response neighbours (supporters, participants, global workforce, and others) end-to-end
- Run point on any/all Disaster/Crisis individual responses
What else will you do?
- Maintain a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintain a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully uphold Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Act as an advocate to raise the awareness of the needs of children. Understand Christ’s mandate to protect children. Commit to and prioritize child protection considerations in all decision-making, tasks and activities across the ministry. Abide by all behavioral expectations in Compassion’s Statement of Commitment to Child Protection and Code of Conduct. Report any concerns of abuse, neglect or exploitation of children through Compassion’s internal reporting process and appropriately support responses to incidents if they occur.
- Uphold and engage in Compassion’s core Cultural Behaviors.
- Lead product management effort for a complex, large-scale product to deliver customer expectations and organizational objectives. This includes driving the development and management of product strategy, product definition and messaging, product KPIs, operational service metrics, shared commitments and pricing strategy across a large scale, global product initiative.
- Serve as a subject matter expert among product development senior professionals and leaders to continuously increase relevancy and value for a complex, large-scale product.
- Direct the development and implementation of a complex product initiative including large-scale improvements of the current product, development of product enhancements, and marketing of changes to program.
- Drive the enablement of customer-facing teams to successfully market the Disaster/Crisis product. This includes marketing strategy development, creation of marketing resources and tool kits to guide both on-going product marketing as well as the launch of product improvements and new product initiatives. Lead the sharing of product marketing insights across customer-facing teams. Derive best practices from various benchmarks and insights and propagates practices throughout the organization.
- Lead cross-functional project teams across product development, fundraising solutions, supporter experience, and operations, to cultivate idea creation and exploration to solve organizational product and market challenges.
- Engage and consult as a subject matter expert among stakeholders and leaders to guide product management, development and marketing efforts, including Supporter-facing teams, Global Program, Finance, IT, and Supporter Operations
- Frequently coach, provide expertise, and may oversee the work of other professionals and support staff in the department or division.
What do you bring?
- 10 years of relevant experience working with non-profit disaster/crisis marketing response, leading and inspiring cross-functional collaboration, relationship building, influence, and negotiation in a complex global environment
- Familiarity with globally recognized disaster, humanitarian, and accountability standards, governance models, and disaster/crisis risk mitigation
- Demonstrated ability to interpret internal/external organizational challenges and recommend practices to improve programs, processes, or services
- Degrees, licenses, or certifications from a nationally or internationally recognized organization/school in a related field (Emergency Management, Disaster Leadership, etc.) is a plus.
- Must be fluent in speaking and writing in English.
Remote, work from home
May be required to travel up to 20% of normal schedule to disaster/crisis response countries
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th September , 2022.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE