Director Of Surveillance, Monitoring & Evaluation at PSI
- Company: PSI
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
Job Title: DIRECTOR OF SURVEILLANCE, MONITORING & EVALUATION, TANZANIA CASE MANAGEMENT AND SURVEILLANCE
Reporting to: CHIEF OF PARTY – TANZANIA CASE MANAGEMENT AND SURVEILLANCE
Location: DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
Start date: APPROXIMATELY, JUNE 2022 – Contingency upon funding
PSI seeks a Director of Surveillance, Monitoring & Evaluation to lead the management of surveillance, monitoring, and evaluation activities under an anticipated $40M 5-year USAID/PMI-funded “Tanzania Case Management and Surveillance Activity”. The project will strengthen national and sub-national capacity to implement malaria service delivery, case management, and surveillance in Tanzania.
The Director of Surveillance, Monitoring, and Evaluation will be responsible for leading the surveillance, monitoring, and evaluation components of the project under the USAID PMI Tanzania Case Management and Surveillance Activity, an anticipated 5-year activity in Tanzania. PSI anticipates the project will provide technical assistance to the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania to implement malaria service delivery, case management, and surveillance activities.
- Under the supervision of the COP and in line with USAID and PSI policies, the Director of Surveillance, Monitoring, and Evaluation will be responsible for:
- Leading the project’s support for surveillance, monitoring, and evaluation activities;
- Providing technical assistance for the development and implementation of surveillance and monitoring strategies in collaboration with government and local implementing partner stakeholders;
- Supporting surveillance and monitoring systems strengthening of government surveillance and monitoring systems;
- Overseeing capacity strengthening to government and local implementing partner stakeholders and project staff;
- Continuously building the capacity of government and implementing partner staff to conduct surveillance and monitoring activities and mentoring project staff in global and local best practices in surveillance and monitoring;
- Establishing an internal project monitoring system to monitor and evaluate project performance, including appropriate indicators, baseline data, targets, etc; Ensuring methodological rigor of any research undertaken by the project;
- Overseeing development and submission of timely, accurate, and complete reporting;
- Ensuring project activities are implemented in line with Tanzanian and WHO guidelines and best practices for malaria surveillance, monitoring, and evaluation; Developing partnerships and relationships with key incountry stakeholders;
- Supporting the project team to prepare annual work plans.
What are we looking for?
- A Master’s Degree or higher in surveillance, statistics, evaluation, public health, or relevant field.
- A minimum of six years of experience with progressively increasing responsibility working in surveillance, monitoring, evaluation, or research on public health programs in a low- or middle-income country (LMIC), preferably Tanzania.
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili.
- Excellent manager—of people, data, activities, and processes. Demonstrated global malaria technical knowledge with established reputation for excellence in malaria surveillance, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Documented hands-on practical experience establishing, managing, and strengthening monitoring and evaluation systems for health programs in LMICs.
- Demonstrated expertise in rigorous research.
- Experience mentoring others.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to coordinate and work effectively with diverse stakeholders in numerous locations and levels, including private partners, donors, government officials and bodies, technical experts, civil society organizations, community members and organizations and project support staff.
Method of ApplicationApplication for the position must include:
- Cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position against the listed requirements.
- Detailed curriculum vitae showing contact address, email, and day -time mobile phone number (s) and three (3) referees, ONE being your last employer.
Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
PSI is on Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color; sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.