16 Jan 2024
Director of Sales at Four Seasons Safari Lodge
Never Miss a Job Update Again. Click Here to Subscribe
- Company: Four Seasons Safari Lodge
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Sales/Marketing Jobs in Tanzania
- This post will be based in Arusha, Tanzania.
- This position reports to our Senior Director of Marketing.
- Work authorization for the location is required.
- As a member of the Marketing Division, the Senior Director of Sales works across disciplines to deliver an exceptional experience and provide leadership.
- The Senior Director of Sales will proactively solicit new accounts, groups and event bookings for the hotel, from accounts within the designated segment and territory. In addition, this position is responsible for planning and executing sales trips, client events, sales calls and customer recognition to effectively position the hotel in the buying cycle. Actively partake in the weekly group pipeline meeting, yield strategy/forecast meetings. This position will include travel to designated territories. Ability to handle key accounts and to provide market intelligence for the group pipeline, yield/forecast meetings, marketing plan and annual fiscal budget. Follow-up on all leads and maintain a good relationship with key accounts.
Responsibilities include the below:
- Develop and implement strategies to exceed financial results and drive market share, customer satisfaction, employee loyalty, owner loyalty, and brand strength for the hotel.
- Develop and implement a sales strategy to effectively manage all the different sales channels; utilize on-property sales resources and leverage all above property sales engines to deliver results. Ensure the development of strategic account plans for the demand generators in the market. Deploy sales team against appropriate market segments.
- Will assist in the development of the annual marketing plan, ensure projects are executed for all market areas as stated in the hotel marketing plan with emphasis on increasing sales and profitability, review market analysis and determine client needs, occupancy potential, rates desired, etc., supervise the installation of sales and marketing procedures and ensure the hotel is in compliance with all company Minimum Operating Standards, use and take advantage of company provided Marketing “Tools.” and Analyse sales statistics against booked vs. consumed business.
- Proactively positions and markets the property to remain a market leader and strengthen Four Seasons brand image. Develop and execute a marketing strategy to drive revenue and meet property objectives.
- Act as the customer expert and customer advocate at the hotel. Ensures sales and marketing information provided to the operations departments is timely, accurate and enables property to meet or exceed guest expectations, create customer loyalty and grow market share. Ensures execution of brand strategy and brand initiatives in all sales processes and continually focuses on improving guest satisfaction.
- Strategic business thinker. Strategically evaluates and makes decisions based on data. Identify changing market conditions and introduces appropriate changes in sales and marketing strategy to meet or exceed customer expectations,
- Proactive, business-focused, data-driven and ROI-minded maximize revenue and ensure a competitive position in the market.
- Uses data (STAR report, Hotelligence, shop scores, etc.) and other resources to maintain an awareness of the hotel’s market position. Research competitor’s strategies to identify ways to grow occupancy and RevPAR and increase market share.
- Encourages sales team to set and exceed challenging objectives. Takes calculated risks to move the department forward.
- Knows the business, the competition, the clients and customer trends. Represent the customer needs to the rest of the hotel, and constantly identify and communicate potential new revenue opportunities to the hotel executive team influencing the development of plans to tap those opportunities.
- Proactively develops and maintains effective relationships with internal and external key stakeholder groups. Works with operations department heads to ensure sales strategies are aligned with the overall hotel plan.
- Liaise and strengthen relationship with main accounts to drive business and increase fare market share.
- Create and execute account plans for assigned market territory to ensure maximum revenue and budgeted targets are achieved.
- Conduct sales calls, prospecting calls, site inspections, and entertainment in the assigned
- Balances the interests of the sales and marketing group with the interests of the rest of the organization.
- Effectively manage communication with Four Seasons Sales Offices maintaining regular dialogue and providing Sales & Marketing updates
- Leads on-property sales functions and leverages above property sales resources to deliver results.
- Translates strategy into specific business actions and individual accountabilities that achieve results.
- Accomplishes desired results by setting priorities and effectively managing through people and processes, using reliable tools, and leveraging resources and other parts of the organization.
- Hire, retain and develop diverse, high-calibre talent that makes a strong positive impact on the organization, and creates and sustains a work environment that embraces the brand’s culture, ensures fair and equitable treatment and associate satisfaction to enable business success.
- Assign clear accountability to team members and monitor implementation to assure success and accountability for results.
- Adhere to the Company’s Procedures and rules.
- Maintain strict confidentiality and ensure work is of the highest level.
- Manage, motivate and lead the sales managers to achieve their goals.
- Oversee and direct the sales efforts of both Four Seasons Safari Lodge Serengeti and Four Seasons Hotel the Westcliff Johannesburg.
- To assist the Director of Marketing in achieving business growth and profitability objectives, integration with the hospitality operations departments and development of budgets and business plans.
- UK and US markets knowledge is a plus.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Candidates should exhibit excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and team leadership competencies.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills; reading, writing, and oral proficiency in the English language is required.
- Applicants are required to have at least three to five years’ experience.
- Multi-property/cluster experience is a plus.
- Proven sales track record with a strong knowledge of the luxury consortia business
- Creative and innovative approach to sales activities
- Strong leadership skills to manage diverse employee group with a wide range of experience, resulting in a positive working environment.
- Excellent negotiation skills and strong decision-making abilities
- Working on a computer skills and knowledge including but not limited to Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Delphi, Internet and Opera
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 20th January, 2024.