Director Of Portfolio at TADB
- Company: TADB
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
BACKGROUND OF TADB
- Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited (TADB) is a Government Institution established under the Companies Act 2002 and licensed under the provisions of the Banking and Financial Institutions Act No 5 of 2006 and the Banking and Financial Institutions (Development Finance) Regulations, 2012. The bank has the following key objectives:
- To catalyze credit delivery to the agricultural sector and thereby accelerate agricultural growth;
- To lead, as an apex agricultural financing bank, in capacity building strategies and programmes to strengthen the agriculture financial value chain;
- To be an important player in the implementation of the Government’s development vision, policies and programmes, including but not limited to the Tanzania Development Vision 2015, Agricultural Sector Development Programme, Kilimo Kwanza Initiative, Second-Generation Financial Sector Reforms as well as in the furtherance of the National Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty for Mainland Tanzania (MKUKUTA). and Zanzibar Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty (MKUZA);
- To build on existing agro financing activities through provision of short, medium and long-term facilities to the following: smallholder farmers’groups, savings and credit cooperative societies (SACCOS), community banks, commercial banks and microfinance institutions (MFIs) that are active in lending to the agricultural sector;
- To coordinate and monitor agriculture and rural lending activities with a view to maximizing the impact of agricultural growth by working closely with the Ministries and institutions responsible for Agriculture, Regional Administration as well as the numerous players active in this sector;
- To assist the Government in implementing its policies on enhancing financial inclusion and economic empowerment in the rural areas.
The TADB is hereby inviting applications from suitably qualified candidate to fill the following vacancies:
DIRECTOR OF PORTFOLIO -1 Vacancy, DSM
Nature and scope:
Reporting to the Managing Director, the role holder will be responsible for maximizing the bank’s risk adjusted return by assisting to limit its credit risk exposure to within acceptable parameters.The Director of Portfolio will oversee and manage credit appraisal and administration, monitoring and evaluation of the project as well as restricting and recovery.
He/She will also be responsible for proposing and implementing credit policies, setting procedures and action programmes for credit due diligence and analysis, documentation as well as monitoring of the bank’s loan portfolio, to achieve maximum developmental impact and operational sustainability.
- Identifying, measuring, and communicating the credit risk profile of the bank from a second line perspective Ensuring all necessary credit risk related policies, procedures, manuals and tools are in place and kept up to date.
- Monitoring, measuring and reporting about the effectiveness of the bank’s credit risk controls, proposing enhancements where required.
- Oversees the credit functions including appraisal of credit facilities, assessment of adequacy of credit documentation including genuineness of collaterals and preparation and submission credit application to various committees,
- Conducting periodic monitoring of credit related activities, providing timely identification and reporting of significant risks and losses and effectiveness of risk mitigation actions.
- Ensure timely submission of periodic reports on production, sales, finance and investment for operating borrower companies, including financial intermediaries.
- Ensure regular preparation of portfolio review reports and alert relevant departments on required actions.
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of annual/periodic performance reviews of the lending portfolio.
- Set and implement credit/business impact evaluation framework and benchmarks pursuant to the bank’s development mandate and objectives.
- Develop, recommends, and implements loan recovery strategy for the bank.
- Review work performance of staff in the Directorate including their development, deployment, appraisal, training and welfare in line with the bank’s objectives.
- Carry out any other related duties as may be assigned to him/her by the Managing Director from time to time.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
- Master’s Degree/Postgraduate qualifications in Business Administration, Economics, Finance Agricultural Economics or related discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience of which 5 must be in a senior position in a busy development/commercial bank or banking/finance institution.
- Must have experience in dealing with agriculture financing and strong experience with re-financing and lending to the agricultural sector.
- Strong written and communication skills with ability to write reports in a concise and focused style.
- Knowledge of the banking industry and its related laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- An understanding of the credit risk policies and BOT requirements.
- A broad understanding of policies and strategies within the country as they relate to the demands ofTADB customer base. Knowledge of accounting and in-depth financial analysis and highly motivated individual with a compelling sense of urgency. Detail-oriented and accurate with numbers and data, strong focus on data driven metrics and continuous improvement.
- Solid project and team leadership skills as well as the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Robust critical and strategic thought process and ability to communicate complex and technical information.
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited is an equal opportunity employer. The bank offers an attractive remuneration package, career development opportunities and an excellent working environment.
Method of Application
Job applicants are required to apply for these employment opportunities through this email, [email protected]
Please note: applicants are required to attach the following to their respective application.
- Application letter showing how they meet the requirements of the position;
- An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae;
- Contacts stating name in full, physical address, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of the candidate;
- Certified copies of relevant certificates
- Names and full contacts of three (3) referees.
Closing date: Applications should reach the undersigned not later than 4.00 pm on Monday, 22nd June 2020.
For further information, please visit the Bank’s website: Website: www.tadb.co.tz