Director Of Nursing Services at Bugando Medical Centre
- Company: Bugando Medical Centre
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Mwanza Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Bugando Medical Centre is a consultant and teaching hospital for the Lake and Western zones of the United Republic of Tanzania. It is situated along the shores of Lake Victoria in Mwanza City. It has 950 beds and over 1300 employees. It is a referral centre for tertiary specialist care for eight regions, namely: – Mwanza, Geita, Simiyu, Mara, Kagera, Shinyanga, Tabora and Kigoma. It serves a catchment’s population of over 14 million people.
Bugando Medical Centre is therefore inviting suitably Tanzanians to fill the following vacancy
DIRECTOR OF NURSING SERVICES
Reports to: Director General
The Director of the Nursing Services shall be responsible for planning, co-ordination, and implementation of long and short term plans of nursing activities in the clinical departments. She/he will supervise all line Divisions heads and ensure performance targets are met.
Holder of Master Degree in Nursing/Midwifery or equivalent qualifications from recognized institutions plus successful completion of Internship and is registered with Tanzania Nurses and Midwives Council. Holder of a Specialization Certificate or a PhD shall have an added advantage.
Must have work experience of at least ten (10) years of which two (2) years should be served at a Managerial level.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To plan, coordinate and supervise all nursing services and education activities in the Hospital.
- To supervise overall Nursing carders and duties in the hospital.
- To ensure ethical code of conduct of Nursing Officer and Nurses are adhered in the
- To prepare and develop staff training programs within the directorate.
- To assess performance of staff in the Directorate.
- To prepare and coordinate work plans of the units.
- To facilitates the depth, installation, maintenance and sustenance of an integrated management information system in all the functional areas of BMC.
- To price medical activities.
- To perform any other duty assigned from time to time by the Director General.
Term of engagement: Three years renewable contract.
Salary Scale: PMGSS 15.1
Method of ApplicationLetters of application should be written in English preferably handwritten attaching a detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of academic and professional qualification, testimonials, names, addresses, telephone numbers and three referees, should put in a sealed envelope addressed to the Director General so as to reach him before6th January, 2022.
Bugando Medical Centre,
Only short listed applicants will be informed on the date for interview.