Director of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) at Good Neighbors
- Company: Good Neighbors
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Zanzibar Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Good Neighbors is an international humanitarian development NGO founded in Korea in 1991. It was granted General Consultative Status from the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC). The aim is to make the world a place without hunger, where people live together in harmony. In Tanzania it was officially established on 2005 and our efforts work towards creating environment where children’s rights are protected and sustainable development of communities through empowerment, leadership and ownership.
Good Neighbors Tanzania is looking for individuals to join our highly motivated team in the following role;
Position: Director of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) for KOICA project
*Project: Enhancing the Quality of Secondary School Education through a holistic approach, Zanzibar, Tanzania (EQSSE-Z) funded by KOICA.
Reports to: Managing Director
Location: Kinazini – Zanzibar
Contract Duration: 4 Years (2021-2024)
Good Neighbors Tanzania – Zanzibar Area Office (GNTZ-ZAO) is going to implement the KOICA project mentioned above, in order to provide better teaching and learning in secondary schools through learner-centered pedagogy in classrooms, strengthen teacher support services, improve learning environments, and conduct greater community engagement through school-based monitoring in Zanzibar. Therefore, GNTZ-ZAO would like to invite a talented and experienced person who can work together with us in a passionate way.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support MoEVT for all MEL activities and conduct formative evaluations.
- Develop and implement result-based monitoring, evaluation and reporting system with detailed guideline for its implementation.
- Coordinate with MEL partners for MEL system establishment and data management plans.
- Support the interpretation and presentation of MEL findings for activity planning, decision-making and communication of successes.
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation exercises, project reviews to assess progress and to determine required interventions to achieve the results and prepare the drafting and/or review of technical reports.
- Ensures that quality, reliability, validity, and formatting of all MEL tools and products are developed under MoEVT standards.
- Supervise the collection of all data needed to report on all defined indicators (impact, output, outcome and program management indicators)
- Synthesizes monitoring and evaluation findings needed for quarterly and annual reports for KOICA
- Coordinate as necessary with various stakeholders including government officials, community partners, and other stakeholders.
- Work collaboratively with other staffs to achieve shared goals.
Qualification, Experiences and Competencies
- Master’s Degree or above in a related field.
- Proven experiences of more than 10 years in this field.
- Report writing, project planning, time-management, communicating skills, M&E activities in the field of education, capacity building and training experience.
- Good interpersonal skills in an international and multi-national environment.
Method of ApplicationAll applications should be sent with enclosed cover letter (addressed to Managing Director, Good Neighbors Tanzania – Zanzibar Area Office, P.O. Box 4060, Kinazini, Zanzibar), detailed curriculum vitae containing complete names and addresses (postal, email, phone), together with names and contact details of three referees to: E-mail: [email protected]
All applicants should provide current contact information of their referees.
Deadline for application is not later than 2nd January, 2021.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted through their active mobile numbers and emails address.
Good Neighbors Tanzania will not be responsible for transport or/and accommodation during the interview, there will be no refund for the expenses incurred. Depending on the circumstances, a job interview may be conducted by an online video call.