Director of ICT at University of Iringa
- Company: University of Iringa
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Iringa
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
The University of Iringa (Formerly Tumaini University at Iringa) is one of the Private Universities legally operating in Tanzania. It operates under the Trusteeship of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Tanzania — Iringa Diocese. The University has no religious segregation when it comes to students’ registration and or staff recruitment. However; the University is guided by Christian Values and advocates for the rights of its employees and organizations it works with and/or works for.
The University of Iringa offers Certificates and Diplomas on non-degree programs, Bachelor degrees for undergraduate studies and Post Graduate Degrees in the following disciplines: Theology and Missions, Business and Economics, Law, Psychology, Science and Education, Arts and Social Sciences.
In cementing its ties with the prevailing National needs, the University of Iringa runs two practical Institutes namely, Microfinance, and Centre for Entrepreneurship and Innovation. The University is located on the skirts of Iringa Municipality alongside Iringa — Dodoma highway.
Due to expansion and growth of its functions, the University of Iringa is in need of filling in the identified gaps/ vacant positions. It therefore; invites qualified and reliable applicants to fill the following posts:
Post Title: Director of ICT
Department of Finance: Directorate of ICT Services
Specialization and Qualifications:
- Holder of a PhD/Master’s Degree from a recognized institution with working experience of not less than 3 years in relevant field.
- Applicants should indicate Departments/ Disciplines for which they apply.
- Applicants should indicate the positions they apply in the subject of the email.
- Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
- Certificate for foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by the National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
- Recommendation letters from reputable referees/previous employer, alternatively a certificate of service will be an added advantage.
Interested candidates should apply in confined enclosing:
- An application letter.
- A detailed CV.
- Photocopies of relevant academic certificates and transcripts.
- Photocopy of birth certificate.
- Names and address of three referees.
- Photocopy of National ID card.
Salary: The salary is attractive as spelt out in the University Scheme of Service
Fringe Benefits: in accordance to the University regulations
Method of ApplicationIf you meet the above requirements and wish to join any of the above units, please send your current CV with certified academic certificates and transcripts to the address below. Indicate three reputable names of referees, their contact addresses, e-mail and phone numbers. Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
All applications should be sent to:
The Vice Chancellor,
University of Iringa,
P. O. Box 200,
Email: [email protected]
The deadline for applications is not later than 30 September 2022.