Director of Human Resources Planning and Management Systems at Abt Associates
- Company: Abt Associates
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The World at Abt
Solving the world’s most pressing issues and improving the quality of life for people worldwide is what we do every day at Abt Associates. Creating a more equitable world is no small task, but we are driven by big challenges.
We are a team of 4,000+ people in over 50 countries working in unison and focused on the bigger picture. Only by sharing our commitment and energy do we affect change and push the boundaries of what’s possible. We welcome diverse ideas, backgrounds, and viewpoints – joining Abt means access to exceptional thinkers at the top of their game.
To thrive at Abt is to embrace flexibility and collaboration. Our open culture allows you to balance your work and personal life as needed to optimize personal well-being. Creating a more equitable world starts from within – we look after people around the world, and we’ll do the same for you.
Ready to embrace rewarding and meaningful work? Now’s your chance.
The Public Sector Systems Strengthening Plus (PS3+) supports the Government of Tanzania (GOT) to institutionalize public sector systems that are responsive to citizens’ needs for quality services at the local level, particularly for underserved populations. PS3+ builds on the work done under its predecessor, the PS3 project, to further strengthen public sector systems in Tanzania by improving the quality, delivery, and use of public services. PS3+ works with regional and local government authority (LGA) systems across sectors to promote the delivery of quality essential services, equity and responsiveness, transparency and accountability, and facility autonomy to raise and allocate resources. This efforts support Tanzania’s journey to self-reliance.
Among government priorities supported by PS3+ is the strengthening of human resources management systems used by Local Government Authorities, frontline service providers and lower-level governments
As the Director of HR systems and a member of the senior technical team you will oversee and provide technical expertise in strengthening government HR management systems, particularly at the Local Government Authorities (LGA) level. Additionally, you will be involved in supporting the gradual transitioning of all program activities to GOT partners by the end of the project life.
- Lead and oversee the implementation of HR system strengthening interventions for PS3+.
- Provide technical leadership and vision in developing the HR strategy, directing, and supporting subcontractor specialists working to strengthen and monitor the use of HR systems by the GOT.
- Engage in dialogue with the GOT in the areas of HR policy, and HR system integration across all program interventions.
- Lead PS3+ engagement with the GOT designed to accelerate the institutionalization of HR system strengthening reforms, with a focus on Lower Local Government (LLGs)
- Work closely with the senior management team (COP, DCOP, Senior Directors) and other technical directors (Health Financing, Information Systems, Local Governance and Citizen Engagement) to integrate HR systems with other system strengthening activities.
- Support institutionalization of HR-related training into Distance Learning for the benefit of both LGAs and Central Government (wasn’t sure about this)
- Direct and oversee the quality of reports required by the project reporting cycle.
- Support other duties consistent with director responsibilities across the PS3+ project.
What We Value
- Bachelor’s Degree + 15 years of relevant experience, or Master’s Degree + 12 years of relevant experience, or PhD + 10 years of relevant experience.
- Degree (Masters or PhD) in human resources management, public administration, public health, or other related disciplines.
- Experience in the development of human resources management systems at the local government or facility level.
- At least 5-7 years of experience in leading the development of HR management systems at local government or facility level.
- High level understanding of HR management policies and systems used at Local Government level, lower-level governments, and facility level (e.g., HCMIS and linkage with other systems such as PlanRep, MUSE, FFARS and LGRCIS).
- Demonstrated ability and experience to coordinate and manage complex HR systems
- Experience working with a team of technical specialists in supporting local government and partners.
- Good report writing and communications skills and experience.
- Demonstrate experience engaging GOT decision makers in policy development and HR planning exercises.
What We Offer
We foster an environment where you can Thrive Your Way. Our innovative total rewards programs are designed to help balance your work and personal life. The approach toward your wellbeing centers around comprehensive benefits and professional development.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 23rd December, 2022.