Director of Finance and Operations – Tanzania at FHI 360
- Company: FHI 360
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Director of Finance and Operations.
Under the guidance of the COP, provides operational oversight on financial and human resources management, efficient procurement and logistical services, contracts & grants, asset management, ICT, and general administration as well as ensuring consistency with USAID/USG’s rules and regulations. Oversees overall financial management to include budget management and monitoring, forecasting needs, procurements, management of financial systems and enforcing controls. The position will be based in Tanzania. Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project and the selection of final applicant is subject to USG approval.
Responsible for implementing and enhancing the internal organization processes. Oversees reporting and monitoring of organizational performance metrics. Ensures compliance with USAID/PEPFAR rules, regulations and policies as regards operational issues such as contracts & grants, procurements, financial management etc. Manages the planning and implementation of field activities which includes oversight of budgets, grants, operational plans, reporting, and procedural and financial compliance. Ensures efficient management and utilization of resources in accordance with applicable FHI and donor policies and procedures. Applies and updates the standard operating procedures for program operations and assures consistency with USAID/PEPFAR’s regulations and policies in operational matters. Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of the objectives of the program. Ensures proper budgeting, expenditures tracking and audit of financial resources in accordance with USAID/PEPFAR’s rules and regulations. Oversees monthly and quarterly assessments and forecasts of organization’s financial performance against budget, financial and operational goals. Oversees the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the organization including organizational revenue/expense and balance sheet reports, reports to USAID/PEPFAR’s, development and monitoring of organizational and contract/grant budgets. Develops and maintains systems of internal controls to safeguard financial assets of the program. Oversees all internal and external audits of the project; coordinates activities of independent auditors ensuring all compliance issues are met. Ensures that substantiating documentation is approved and available such that all transactions may pass independent and funder audits. Ensures compliance with USAID/PEPFAR’s rules, regulations and policies as regards operational issues such as vendor selection, procurements, financial management, contracts and grants, inventory management etc. Manages day to day processing of accounts receivable and payable; produces reports as requested. Oversees cash management processes, including liquidity management, recommendation of impress level, risk assessment, bank relationship management; timely accounting and reconciliation of all transactions, security for cash assets on site. Routinely monitors financial exception reports for unusual activities, transactions, and investigates anomalies or unusual transactions. Coordinates responses to requests for financial information in a timely manner regarding program challenges, subcontractor or grantee issues, or changes to work plans or budgets. Oversee the maintenance of the inventory of all fixed assets, assuring all are in accordance with regulations.
- Works closely and transparently with all external partners including third-party vendors and consultants.
- Oversees administrative functions as well as facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations as the FHI 360 policies and procedures and funder rules and regulations.
- Manages project procurement processes.
- Ensures continual review of internal and strategic controls, communications, risk assessments and maintenance of documentation.
- Supports partners as needed to ensure sound financial management and operations.
- Ensures that sub-contracts, sub-grants and local consultancy documents and procedures are completed in a timely and correct manner and comply with FHI 360 and funder policies and regulations.
- Provides overall administration coordination and support to ensure an effective and efficient operating platform for the program.
- A Master’s degree in business administration, finance, accounting, other relevant field, or a bachelor’s or certified accounting degree with 10 years or more of experience;
- A minimum of 12 years of experience in administrative and financial management of large scale, complex, international development assistance programs;
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and /or experiences in accounting, financial planning and management, and procurement, among other management support areas/functions, as required;
- Strong financial and operational management experience with proven management skills;
- Demonstrated experience and skills in developing and managing budgets with an annual value of over $10 million;
- Experience and working knowledge of accounting, finance, procurement and administration of PEPFAR funded awards;
- Contracts Management including grants under contract experience is a must;
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication, including presentation and training skills;
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills which support and enable sound decision making; and
- Strong interpersonal and team-building skills with significant experience building strong host country national team.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 15th November, 2020.