Director of Finance and Administration, USAID/Tanzania Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Activity at Palladium
- Company: Palladium
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
Palladium develops and delivers innovative, locally relevant, evidence-based solutions to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. Since 1971, we have assisted governmental and non-governmental agencies, foundations, and the private sector by designing, implementing, and evaluating programs in HIV/AIDS, sexual and reproductive health, population and family planning, maternal and child health, infectious diseases, and gender. Palladium has deep expertise in policy and advocacy, research and strategic information, health markets and private sector engagement, modeling and economic analysis, patient monitoring and management/HMIS, strategic consulting, and program management.
Purpose of Position
The Director of Finance and Administration is a full-time position for an upcoming award in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania funded by USAID/Tanzania for the Water, Sanitation and Hygiene program. This position is contingent upon funding and donor approval.
Reports to: Chief of Party
Duration: 5 years
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- Provides overall management of administrative operations, including, logistics, procurement, budgeting, finances, human resources, information technology, property and security;
- Oversees sound and effective systems for project administration and operations, including grants, subcontracts, procurement and compliance;
- Supervises financial operations and monitoring of obligations, budgets, and expenditures;
- Prepares budgets for annual workplans and financial reports for USAID/Tanzania;
- Coordinates and manages the mobilization of short-term and long-term technical assistance and administrative staff;
- Ensures compliance with USAID policies and procedures;
- Develops internal control measures to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting at the headquarters and field levels;
- Conducts internal and coordinates external financial audits.
- Advanced degree in business administration, finance, accounting, or related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in accounting, financial management, human resources, procurement, and other management support functions as needed.
- Excellent leadership skills, including the ability to manage large budgets for Bilateral Donor projects and client expectations.
- Minimum of four years of experience in administrative and financial management of large-scale, complex, international and donor-funded programs.
- Knowledge of USAID contract management, policies, procedures, regulations and reporting requirements strongly preferred.
- Experience supervising personnel and ensuring they acquire the necessary training and skills to meet evolving program needs.
- Strong leadership, program, organizational management and oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills for working with project staff, donors and beneficiaries.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Suite and other business accounting packages and strong MS Excel skills.
- Must be fluent in English.
Please submit a CV and Cover Letter stating the following:
- Your interest and experience that make you suitable for this position.
- Notice period from current employer
- Possible start date
- Salary Expectations
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th June, 2022.