Director of Finance and Administration at Uhuru Hospitals Group
- Company: Uhuru Hospitals Group
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Mwanza Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
Uhuru Hospitals Group
Uhuru Hospitals Group Is a private Group of Hospitals established back In 2014 October In Mwanza Region. Since its establishment It has continued to observe a tremendous growth it being contributed upon by the quality of services which creates an Increasing demand. As of current the Uhuru Hospitals Group Is aiming at systems strengthening and further business development which goes hand In hand with firming up of Its top Management structure. In view of this, Uhuru Hospitals Group Is hereby seeking for applications from highly qualified, well experienced, competent and motivated persons to fill the following position;
Position: Director of Finance and Administration
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Status/ Level: Executive Position
The Director of Finance and Administration will be a strategic thought-partner, and report to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The successful candidate will be a hands-on and participative manager and will lead and develop an Internal team to support the following areas: finance and procurement, business planning and budgeting, human resources, administration, operations, and IT. The Director of Finance and Administration will play a critical role In partnering with the senior leadership team In strategic planning, decision making and operations as Uhuru Hospitals Group continues to expand and enhance Its quality service provision.
Minimum of a BA In Accountancy/ Finance/ Economics/ Mathematics/ Business Management with an MBA/MPA and CPA or similar background from the recognized Institutions.
Duties and Responsibilities;
- Analyse and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials for all stakeholders, and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the finance team; hospital
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process In conjunction with the CEO; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Implement a robust contracts management and financial management/ reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule Is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
- Update and Implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; Improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual.
- Manage various types of agreements (cooperative agreements, grants, sub-grants, sub-con- tracts, personal services agreements, memos of understanding, etc.) and solicit legal advice when needed to ensure compliance with applicable government rules and regulations.
- Report on financial results and approve monthly, quarterly and annual operating plans and reports.
- Provide guidance to the CEO and Board of Trustees on strategic business directions by conducting financial planning, analysis, forecasting, developing scenarios to inform decision making, and advising on key directions and options for development
- Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the board of trustees also ensure financial integrity and accountability and maintain Internal controls.
- Ensure effective management of funds and approve expenditures In accordance with set procedures, principles and regulations.
- Lead the formulation and revision of the financial manual and policy manual, as well as the HR manual and develop strategies for allocation.
Human Resources, Administration and IT Management
- Further develop Uhuru Hospitals Group human resources and administration, enhancing professional development, compensation and benefits, performance evaluation, training, and recruiting.
- Ensure that recruiting processes are consistent and streamlined.
- Establish and manage a comprehensive training program to educate employees regarding staff tools, policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Ensure fully functionality and management of the Internal IT systems Including Information security.
- Work closely and transparently with all external partners Including third-party vendors and consultants.
- Oversee administrative and operation functions as well as facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations as the organization scales.
- Develop management policies and procedures to ensure efficiency, quality, and all resources are in place, adhered to, and in compliance with local laws as well as organizational rules and regulations.
- Protect the organization’s resources and assets and ensure efficient usage.
- Ensure all insurance policies are updated/ renewed on an annual basis.
- Participate In corporate policy development as a member of the management team.
- Ensure that security guidelines and procedures are established, maintained, updated regularly and adhered to by all staff. Monitor the security situation and provide leadership for staff In emergencies.
- Maintain In-depth relations with all members of the management team through demonstrated business Judgment combined with an ability to effectively Influence others.
- Perform other tasks as requested by Chief Executive Officer.
Required Qualification and Experience
- At least 7 to 10 years of overall professional experience; Ideally three of which the candidate has served In a similar position and not less than five years of broad financial administration and operations management experience
- The Ideal candidate has experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination for either a division or significant program area, and has preferably overseen a human resource function previously
- Ability to translate financial concepts to – and to effectively collaborate with colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds
- Technology savvy with experience selecting and overseeing software Installations and managing relationships with software vendors; knowledge of accounting and reporting software
- Commitment to training programs that maximize individual and organization goals across the organization including best practices In human resources activities
- A successful track record In setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills which support and enable sound decision making
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- A multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats In a fast-paced environment
- Personal qualities of Integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of Uhuru Hospitals Group
- Experience/ background In Medical field (Hospital Management/ Healthcare service Management) will be an added advantage
- Clean Criminal Records. Candidates may be required to undergo criminal records verification (fraud/ theft checks In the recruitment process).
Leadership, Communication, Presentation, Critical thinking and Problem solving, Decision making, Networking, Analytical.
Method of ApplicationInterested candidates are to submit their motivational letter, copy of their latest CV and copies of their certificates In one document. The CV must Include the list of work- related traceable referees Including their email address and telephone number. To be considered your application MUST be received before 1700 hrs January 29th 2021. The subject line of your email should mention the Job position you are applying for as It appears In this advertisement. Failure to do that may lead to difficult retrieval of your application.
All correspondents and applications should be emailed to; [email protected] Note that:
- Uhuru Hospitals Group is an equal opportunity employer
- Any application sent later than the mentioned date and time will not be considered.
- Uhuru Hospitals Group regrets that Only short-listed candidates will be contacted within two weeks after the deadline of this advert.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply