Director of Country-Led Proposals and Partnerships, Individual Giving at Pathfinder
- Company: Pathfinder
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
|The Director of Country-Led Strategy and Partnerships sits within the individual giving team, and functions as a bridge between business development, individual giving, executive, and Pathfinder’s country offices. This role is responsible for facilitating global engagement and promoting in-country voices in organizational resource generation. The Director will create and facilitate conversations with country teams to prioritize road map action items, determine resources needed to implement, and support capacity building through training for organizational consistency. He or she will be responsible for growing the overall individual giving portfolio through cultivation of strategic proposals and finding fits with new global donors. This role requires working well and closely on donor strategy with Pathfinder’s CEO, Managing Director, Empowerment Funds, Country Directors and with other senior leaders across Pathfinder. The Director will introduce new country-led messaging, engaging a broader base with the Pathfinder mission and deliver on revenue growth for our mission year-on-year.
|Key Performance Areas||Major Activities / Responsibilities||Percentage Worked|
|Strategic Proposal Development & Resource Generation||· Develops framework for solicitation for country teams, and ideate programmatic opportunities in alignment with funder priorities
· Advises on identification and cultivation of local funders, and lead coordination around proposal development
· Cultivates and leads strategic, dynamic and enduring donor relations
· Establishes a portfolio of successful donor proposals that fulfills our overarching mission and organizational strategic goals and specific objectives of our leaders globally.
· Delivers on new country-led opportunities that can generate sustainable revenue.
· Advances innovative ways on how we deliver our mission with individual giving.
· Ensure the highest standards of stewardship of donor funds. Maintain the confidence and engagement of existing donors and attract new donors with diverse objectives and approaches.
· Strengthens our fundraising process to better achieve organizational goals.
· Leads the proposal development process on high value efforts.
· Identifies shared themes across geographic regions – expanding beyond traditional work with partnerships
· Develops strategic proposals in support of strategic initiatives
· Increases pipeline of new project concepts.
· Ensures activities are compliant with the organizations and external donor policies and guidelines.
|Operational||· Proactively makes strategy recommendations to promote organizational efficiency and efficacy, identifying best practices/replicable models for programmatic learnings
· Drive innovative partnerships – identifying programmatic partners, strategic integrations, etc.
· Support internal capacity building – identifying needs, providing guidance, supporting systems change
· Serves as facilitator of relationships and coordinate communications across teams – e.g., offer guidance on prioritization of funding asks
· Suggests potential partnerships or programs to develop to appeal to partners or funders
· Supports streamlining and scaling across thematic areas and geographies
· Generate a proposal bank of templates and successful donor materials for use across all in-country teams to help deliver high impact results.
|Relationship Management||· Responsible for growing relationships and opportunities in new markets by forging partnerships with key stakeholders including government, private sector, donors, and philanthropists.
· Recommends HNW donors who fit into our key strategic priority areas of work, shares with key internal stakeholders.
· Create opportunities to generate ideas, support best practices, promote open innovation, and ultimately increase impact.
|Thought Leadership||· Represents Pathfinder to donors and outside agencies at different venues, some in partnership with technical or executive leadership
· Stays abreast of evolving priorities and trends in order to position the organization for success.
· Cultivates innovative ways of working by applying cutting-edge financial models, adopting multisectoral approaches, and effective relationship-building.
· Provides inspirational leadership through presentation and publications.
|Minimum Education and Work Experience:|
|· Bachelor’s degree in a related field
· Prefer: Master’s degree in a related field
· 8+ years of experience in global philanthropy and global organizations
· 10+ years of experience in NGOs and/or business development operation
· Demonstrated track record of effectiveness and growth
· Work experience in facilitating proposal development fundraising in a complex organization
· Experience working with and facilitating teams with global staff and partners
|Preferred Education and Work Experience:|
|· Prefer: Experience living or working in developing countries that aids in the understanding of program context and local realities
· Prefer: language in addition to English that is spoken in Pathfinder’s country teams
· Prefer: Mastery of Microsoft Office Tools, including Excel and PowerPoint, Salesforce, MS Teams, Zoom, Google Workspace, WordPress
|· Leadership and Management: Proven ability to lead, supervise and coach members of staff in different locations. Strong business and financial acumen.
· Project Management: Proven ability to plan and manage cross-functional initiatives.
· Relationship Management: Advanced knowledge working with individual donors who support international development including donor priorities and regulations.
· Networking: Proven ability to network and manage multiple, complex pursuits.
· Donor Principles and Practices: Mastery of knowledge of individual HNW and foundation fundraising, including standards and guidelines for writing proposals and managing overall solicitation efforts.
· Research and Development: Proven ability to stay abreast of current issues and emerging strategic issues in global philanthropy and funding trends.
· Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of MS PowerPoint, Excel, Access. Mastery of knowledge of Adobe Acrobat.
· PC Applications: Advanced knowledge of MS Outlook, MS Word.
· Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Services: Intermediate knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services, including program strategies and indicators.
· Analysis: Advanced analytical and trouble shooting skills. Ability to improve processes, promote excellence and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
· Sound Judgement: Ability to make sound judgments.
· Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health Services: Commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices
· Influencing and Customer Service Skills: Proven ability to influence using diplomacy skills with key stakeholders. In-depth demonstrated customer service skills.
· Organization, Planning and Multi-tasking: Advanced organizational and planning skills, project planning and management skills. Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision. Proven ability to coordinate activities.
· Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented and consistently accurate, ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment, and ability to quickly learn new systems, processes and procedures and adapt local practices to global standards.
· Confidentiality: Proven ability to maintain confidentiality on work-related issues.
|· Travel required (30% or less)
· Uses cellular and office phone, laptop or desktop computer
* This job description format focuses on the main duties of the position and is not intended to list every potential task or assignment.
Duties can and will change to meet the changing priorities of the department and organization.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th November , 2021.