Director of Business Development (DBD) at PASS
- Company: PASS
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Director of Business Development
About PASS Trust:
In 2000 the Private Agriculture Sector Support (PASS) was established by the Government of Tanzania and Government of Denmark as a pilot project facility under the Agriculture Sector Programme Support (ASPS I) funded by Danida. PASS became operational in 2001 and in 2003 continued as a facility under Agriculture Sector Programme Support II (ASPS II). In 2007, PASS was registered as an autonomous legal Trust and became a component of the Business Sector Programme Support III (BSPS III) and since 2013 the Business Sector Programme Support IV (BSPS IV).
PASS is offering a range of Business Development Services (BDSs) and agri-financial services in agriculture development. The range of BDS services provided include feasibility studies and business plans for prospective bank clients, farmer groups formation, farmers and agribusinesses capacity building (training), facilitate contract farming and other market linkages, linking guaranteed beneficiaries with other development partners and commercial enterprises in the provision of specialized BDS services such as good agricultural practices (GAP) and extension services.
Director of Business Development (DBD) – Dar es salaam
PASS Trust is looking to recruit a Business Development Director. This position reports to the Chief Operations Officer (COO). DBD is a member of the Management Team and plays a critical role in strategic decision-making and Business Development. The area of responsibility for this role requires thorough knowledge of various Business processes. The ideal candidate must be an exceptional leader who can determine the most efficient ways to run the business. The goal is to safeguard and enhance the efficiency of the Trusts Business Strategy to accelerate agriculture development and long-term success.
To support business at the Corporate Level which include review of business proposals, managing relationship with financial institutions, partner institutions, donors government and other stakeholders.
- Promoting and informing PASS roles, at meetings with potential clients, at visits to clients, through handouts, posters, advertising,
- Design and establishment of feasible models for activities at smallholder farmer levels, including diversification of crops, improvement of production practices
- Proactively facilitating and leading the development of existing and emerging agribusiness opportunities in the sector with industry and key partners, including overseeing “Improving quality of life through agribusiness transformation” market intelligence and insights, opportunity identification and development as well as leading new initiatives and projects across the Business Strategy.
- Ensuring quality of proposals presented for support, and assisting the organization in improving on proposals into Business Plans of acceptable
- Identification, and preparation of solutions for bottlenecks in agriculture performance e.g. market access, processing, appropriate mechanization
- Identify, map and forge strategic working relations with banks, local authorities and other programs that would deploy the credit guarantee with agricultural projects in the
- Monitoring the performance of the Business in relation to respective business plans and budgets. Carry out regular performance appraisal of PASS Businesses.
- Reporting to the management on Business progress according to the agreed
- Performing other duties as advised by management from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A business development specialist with good knowledge /Experience in Tanzanian agriculture and agribusiness development, in business planning, project analysis, evaluation and monitoring.
- A good academic background, minimum bachelor’s degree in agricultural field, preferably in agricultural economics, business administration or any similar qualification backed up extensive experience in business
- Knowledge in agricultural financing and experience in facilitation of lending to smallholders including experience in negotiating with
- Adequate experience in agricultural supply chain interventions for enhancement of small/medium scale agricultural
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 24th February, 2021.