Director, Monitoring Evaluation & Learning at IntraHealth International
- Company: IntraHealth International
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
IntraHealth International is currently seeking a Monitoring Evaluation & Learning (MEL) Director for an upcoming USAID opportunity for Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) activity in Tanzania under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
About the Project
The project will build upon achievements of previous USAID-funded VMMC project and support the Government of Tanzania (GoT) through a five-year period to reduce new HIV infections and increase ownership of the VMMC program through scaling-up and sustaining VMMC coverage of 95 percent in five USAID supported regions, provide technical support for integration of VMMC into GoT’s routine health care service, and transition the VMMC services to GoT in line with the national sustainability plan by 2028. This activity consists of three main objectives: (1) expand access to safe, high-quality VMMC services for boys and men 15 years and above, (2) increase demand for and use of VMMC services, and (3) improve country ownership for continuity of integrated sustainable VMMC services.
The MEL Director will provide technical expertise and programmatic guidance on all strategic information activities including data analytics, program monitoring, evaluation, learning and reporting functions for the Project in close collaborations with MoH, PORALG and partner organizations. S/He will be responsible for leading the design and implementation of the program monitoring, evaluation and learning framework and information system to monitor the project’s progress, track performance indicators against targets, and provide advice on activity adjustments needed for the project to be more responsive to evolving local conditions. S/he will lead the development of holistic approaches to collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA) including real time data analysis visualization, interpretation, and use for decision making. Once learnings have been generated, s/he will guide teams in how to adapt their programming to improve performance. Additionally, S/He will provide M&E technical assistance, training, coaching and mentoring to the MOH, PORALG, R/CHMTs and implementing partners to promote and institutionalize data use for timely decision making at all levels of implementation to improve efficiency and effectiveness while working towards transitioning services to Government of Tanzania for sustainability. The MEL Director will also play a leading role in galvanizing other staff responsible for the delivery of key activity results, and in the preparation and on time delivery of scheduled reports and data submission and promote learning and knowledge sharing of best practices and dissemination of lessons learnt. Tanzanian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Master’s degree in demography, statistics, economics, public health, epidemiology, or another similar field.
- Ten years of work experience in the area of monitoring, evaluation and learning in Tanzania, including performance monitoring, designing and implementing health program evaluation and applied research in health and HIV/AIDS, including 5 or more years of demonstrated supervision experience.
- Proven expertise in quantitative and qualitative data analytic methodologies and data management.
- Experience in data presentation, visualization, and use.
- Experience working on MEL for USG funded projects.
- Familiarity with GoT health information system, PEPFAR MER indicators and PEPFAR data reporting requirements and systems (DATIM)
- Demonstrated experience in setting up and managing MEL systems that track project performance.
- Demonstrated analytical skills to measure the outcomes of the project’s activities.
- A firm command of the MEL issues with respect to HIV/AIDs program (VMMC will be an added advantage); Demonstrated skills in data management and use of relevant analysis software (SPSS, STATA, Epi Info, Atlas.ti, QGIS).
- Demonstrated experience in managing a team of professionals and collaborating with government officials at all levels.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and Swahili required.
Why join IntraHealth?
IntraHealth International is a global health nonprofit that has worked in more than 100 countries since 1979. We improve the performance of health workers and strengthen the systems in which they work so that everyone everywhere has the health care they need to thrive.
Our programs generate long-term social and economic impact to keep communities around the world healthy, strong, and prosperous. And our dynamic staff are passionate about global health and equity. We are committed to excellence.
Join us. The future of global health starts here.
IntraHealth is a great place to work. We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, and flexible teleworking and remote work policies that reflect our focus on staff safety, well-being, and retention.
Our workplace culture
IntraHealth stands for equality, justice, and respect. We strive to be an antiracist organization that works to minimize power imbalances and increase local sustainability in global health. We aim to create and foster a workforce that reflects and contributes to the diverse global community in which we work. Join us and be part of it.
Learn more about our workplace culture: https://www.intrahealth.org/our-workplace-culture
Our COVID-19 safety measures
IntraHealth is a global health organization that knows the power of vaccines. All US-based IntraHealth staff are required to show proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 before beginning work. Those who cannot get vaccinated for medical or religious reasons can request an accommodation. This helps us keep our staff and partners safe and ensures that IntraHealth—as a US government contractor—complies with all US federal government regulations.
Equal opportunity employer
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 7th March, 2023.