Director General(DG)/Chief Executive Officer (CEO) at ESAMI
- Company: ESAMI
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The Eastern and Southern African Management Institute (ESAMI) is an intergovernmental regional management development centre. The institute was established with the primary objective of providing the region with trained personnel in a number of critical areas including policy management, transportation management, financial management, information technology management, health management, human resources management, project management, energy and environment management and gender management among others. ESAMI invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons who are ambitious, innovative, energetic and performance-driven to fill the vacancy of the Director General/Chief Executive Officer at its Headquarters in Arusha, Tanzania.
We are seeking a vision-driven, strategic and seasoned corporate leader to become our Director General(DG)/Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The DG/CEO will advance and build on the vision, mandate, mission, and drive the business and success of ESAMI. The incumbent will provide leadership, guidance, planning and coordination for quality and delivery of the Institutes’ offering. He/she will ensure that all business operations are in line with the Institute strategic plan. The DG/CEO is the primary figurehead for the Institute and represents ESAMI at international, regional and national levels.
The incumbent should demonstrate to have in-depth understanding of emerging challenges in the public and private sectors and ability to adapt strategies and innovative solutions to a changing and increasingly complex economic and development landscape. The DG/CEO will be responsible for leading a team of management and consultants to drive the Institute growth and generate sustainable stakeholder value.
Role Summary of DG/CEO
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the DG/CEO is responsible for leading and driving the business and success of the Institute. As DG/CEO, will be responsible for devising and executing the Institute’s strategy.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strategy formulation and implementation
- Business development and management
- Financial management
- Operations management
- People management
- Corporate communications
- Compliance management
- Oversight of the institute information systems
Qualifications and Experience
Those interested in the position should demonstrate that they are in possession of the following: Academic Achievements & Qualifications
- Academic qualifications obtained should not be below a Master’s Degree from a recognized institution.
- A doctorate is an added advantage
- Professional training and seminars attended
- Membership of professional bodies
- Publications released Experience
- Working in or heading a regional or international organization
- Experience in the training industry
- Professional experience in senior leadership and management position relevant to ESAMI in the last 10 years
- List of business networks including potential funders one has worked with in the past 5 years Strategic Focus
- Show how one intends to meet ESAMI vision, mission and mandate and increase ESAMI visibility. Industry knowledge
- Knowledge of ESAMI business
- Knowledge of training sector in Africa Consultancy Assignments
- Details of consultancy assignments developed and won in the past 3 years.
Method of ApplicationInterested persons who meet the above criteria should apply (together with copies of certificates and a detailed curriculum vitae) and provide details of their age, how their experience is relevant to the duties and responsibilities described in the job description to Chairperson APDC by not later than 29th July 2022 using the following email address: [email protected]
Candidates outside the education industry but who have comparable experience from other sectors and can demonstrate ability to execute the tasks highlighted above are also encouraged to apply
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE