Director, Contracts, Grants & Compliance at Palladium
- Company: Palladium
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Director, Contracts, Grants & Compliance – USAID/Tanzania Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Market Systems Activity
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium develops and delivers innovative, locally relevant, evidence-based solutions to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. Since 1971, we have assisted governmental and non-governmental agencies, foundations, and the private sector by designing, implementing, and evaluating programs in HIV/AIDS, sexual and reproductive health, population and family planning, maternal and child health, infectious diseases, and gender. Palladium has deep expertise in policy and advocacy, research and strategic information, health markets and private sector engagement, modeling and economic analysis, patient monitoring and management/HMIS, strategic consulting, and program management.
Palladium is a child-safe organization, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran, or marital status.
Project Overview and Position
The Director of Contracts, Grants and Compliance will lead efforts and manage logistics and the substantive life-cycle of multiple contracts, and ensure the necessary contracts tracking systems are in place and functional, to manage a large number of sub-contracts and grantees (i.e., including transaction and investment advisors, financial institutions, private companies, and other partners) and manage cost-shared, performance-based sub-contracts and grants to support Tanzania for the Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Market Systems Activity, in accordance with Palladium’s and USAID’s policies and procedures. This position is also responsible for helping to ensure that all project activities and transactions are carried out in a way that is consistent with USG rules and regulations. This includes, but is not limited to, guaranteeing that all procurement transactions and logistics activities are carried out in a way that is compliance with the FAR and other USG laws and policies; ensuring subcontractors and vendors are identified and their goods and services are procured in a transparent manner.
This position will be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania and is contingent upon contract award to Palladium.
Reports to: Chief of Party
Duration: 5 years
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide oversight to program managers on contract inception, implementation, and closeout activities, including preparation of contract briefing materials, required approvals, allowances, funding, procurement, property inventory, and audit file documentation.
- Analyze contractual commitments, specifications, and changes and develop a logistical program to prepare necessary subcontracts, purchase agreements, task orders, and subcontract modifications.
- Prepare and negotiate Subcontracts, Purchase Agreements, Independent Consultant Agreements, Contract, and Task Order modifications; negotiate and approve rates and funds sufficiency; perform periodic contract budget monitoring.
- Work with Chief of Party to ensure smooth implementation of contracts; organize and manage logistical flow of contract implementation by company contracts managers and relevant team members.
- Organize and conduct periodic contract performance and administrative compliance reviews for project logistics teams.
- Maintain standards, documents, processes, and best practices that meet Palladiums SOPs.
- Participate in the development and implementation of systems that result in improved operational efficiency and reduced organizational risk.
- Monitor internal and external auditing processes and platforms
- Coordinate information related to audits with the project leadership team and elevate any compliance risks or issues to management and HQ backstopping staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Extensive of progressive experience in project compliance and contracts management; USAID contract management, compliance, proposal cost and budget development preferred.
- Demonstrated significant experience working on USAID contracts.
- Strong organizational skills to ensure documentation is filed professionally and accurately for internal and external audit.
- Proven experience supervising teams of support staff at the manager level.
- Must be familiar with the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), the USAID Federal Acquisition Regulations supplement (AIDAR), 2 CFR 200, USAID ADS series, DoS Standardized Regulations.
Comprehensive knowledge of U.S. Government service-type cost reimbursable, T&M, and fixed price Acquisition and Assistance management.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex contracts and compliance clauses.
- Ability to communicate effectively. Excellent written and spoken English and ability to communicate across technical disciplines and non-technical audience required.
Tanzanian Nationals are encouraged to apply.
Please submit a CV and Cover Letter in English
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th June, 2022.