Diesel Mechanic at Unitrans
- Company: Unitrans
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Morogoro Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
Unitrans Tanzania Limited has the following exciting opportunity at Kilombero and Kilosa Districts, Morogoro Region where is subcontracted for various agricultural operations to the sugar industry.
We are currently looking for a suitably qualified, and experienced individuals to fill in the following posts.
The bellow vacancies call for dynamic and qualified proactive individuals with strong background on their professionals.
- Certificate in motor vehicle mechanic course grade l-lll
- 5-10 years’ experience in a haulage environment.
- Knowledge of the following brands Bell, John Deere, Game and Cat
- Relevant technical knowledge of specific mining equipment
- Basic electrical knowledge
- Basic welding knowledge
- Basic hydraulic knowledge
- Basic computer knowledge
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the fleet is maintained in the most cost-effective way by the efficient ordering of spares and consumables.
- Ensure maximum availability on the fleet and least amount of down time.
- Preventative maintenance is done as per manufacturer recommendation.
- Service company vehicles to predefined checklists.
- Diagnostics on all Equipment.
- Completion of job Cards.
- Minor panel beating and welding if skilled.
- Take oil samples as per policy.
- Ensure that repairs at breakdowns are diagnosed and the manager/foreman is informed immediately after work has been performed.
- Ensure that all vehicles are maintained in accordance with both legal requirements and according to company policies and procedures or mining requirements.
- Ensure proper safety measures are always taken at work and on the road for Unitrans.
- Ensure that appropriate safety measures are always taken, and all work is carried out in a safety aware environment.
- Complete necessary documents regarding breakdowns, services, spares drawn etc.
- File documents pertaining to service and repairs of vehicles. All vehicle documents need to be filled in by artisan after completing and signed off by foreman and filed into vehicle file.
- Does weekly stock take with the workshop foreman
- Must stand in for the foreman when needed.
- Complete necessary maintenance tasks to the correct standard and in a reasonable amount of time so as to minimize operational downtime”.
Method of ApplicationInterested candidates may apply and email their CV’s together with certificates to [email protected] not later than 30 of January 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.