Development Officer at UBONGO
- Company: UBONGO
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
UBONGO is Africa’s leading producer of kids’ edutainment. As a non-profit social enterprise, we create fun, localized, and multi-platform educational content that helps kids learn, and leverage their learning to change their lives. Ubongo reaches over 27 million kids across Africa through accessible technologies like TV, radio, and mobile phones. Our show’s Ubongo Kids and Akili and Me currently air in 23 countries across Africa, in Swahili, English, French, Kinyarwanda, Kikuyu, Luo, Yoruba, Hausa, Chichewa, and Juba Arabic.
Job Position: We are looking for a Development Officer. Working at Ubongo won’t be easy, but it will challenge and excite you with lots of responsibilities, and plenty of fun, and give you the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of kids every day.
We’re looking for a dynamic, creative, and flexible Development Officer to expand and improve our Fundraising & Business department. You’ll work closely with our Development Manager to support our fundraising efforts with foundations, grantmakers, and individuals from around the world who may be interested in funding and giving to our work. We are looking for a dynamic, experienced communications professional, who will work closely with our fundraising team to solicit funding opportunities through grant writing and help to create content for/run individual giving campaigns. A successful candidate will be a great storyteller and an even better relationship builder with a passion for the work that we do.
1. Support in grant writing efforts, including, prospecting, drafting, editing, and submitting applications that Ubongo decides to pursue
- Researching, prospecting, and identifying donors, funders, and opportunities to pursue
- Updating and managing our CRM database for prospective donors, applications, and past (already pursued) prospects
- Writing applications for awards and challenge grants, LOIs and concept notes with support from the Development Manager
2. Manage relationships with individual donors through consistent personalized communications and the development of content for fundraising campaigns
- Own and manage our Network for Good fundraising platform & pages
- Write fundraising newsletter and support in the development of other fundraising communications including website copy, social media content, blog posts, and press releases
- Design and write donor appeals for campaigns
- Building personal relationships and following up consistently with individual donors and fundraisers, encouraging them to get more involved
- Find creative ways to host and facilitate Ubongo introductory webinars for interested stakeholders, supporters, and donors
- Support brand awareness and building within our US audiences and the African diaspora – think critically and creatively about building brand awareness, with support from the comms team, in the US and among African diaspora communities
REQUIREMENT: KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, and QUALIFICATIONS ESSENTIALS:
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills: Proven grant writing and storytelling skills.
- Experience in outreach and/or network building roles
- Ability to synthesize research and produce compelling literature reviews.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in English Literature, Creative Writing, Education, Research, Marketing, Communications, Nonprofit Management, Business, or a related field.
- Proven experience working in grant writing, fundraising, marketing, corporate communications, content development, writing, or project management
- Must be able to provide at least 3 professional references.
- Must love kids!
- You have the ability to work independently and to think on your feet
- Be willing to wear many hats!
- Deep understanding of Africa’s education and development landscape
- 1-3 years of experience fundraising or grant writing for a non-profit company or social enterprise
- Passionate about education, storytelling, and being a changemaker.
- Loves building relationships and talking to new people!
- Great storytelling skills that come through in public speaking and writing. We tell powerful stories and you need to be able to represent our brand well publically.
APPLY USING THIS ONLINE FORM.
Please note that only applicants who apply using this online form will be considered. Those who come directly to the office with a CV or who email their CV to us will simply be referred back to this online form.
So please save yourself time and effort by simply sticking to this form. THANKS!
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th May, 2022.