Design, Monitoring & Evaluation Officer Shinyanga at World Vision
- Company: World Vision
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Shinyanga
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Implement project initiatives in monitoring, evaluation, impact measurement, and reporting system
- Spearhead development, review and implementation of project monitoring and evaluation plan in collaboration with project team and partners.
- Test and adapt project theory of change in collaboration with other staffs and partners
- Facilitate development of annual plans as per donor requirement and WVI guidelines and support the revision of work plans.
- Take part in preparation, review and compilation of project’s monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual reports.
- Take lead in monitoring and evaluation events such as baseline, mid-term reviews, and final evaluation exercises.
- Participate in the engagement of project-hired consultants, including writing their Terms of Reference (TOR) and providing them with the logistical support, they need as carry out their contracted duties.
- Facilitate learning and reflection sessions with staff or partners for exploring information and answers around projects learning agenda.
- Formulate and Implement key performance indicators (KPI) and deliverables for the project and monitor them throughout the duration of the project
- Take part in project activities’ data collection, cleaning analysis and reporting as required by DME and or project management team. Abide and support in the monitoring and evaluation activities per approved policies, systems, procedures and donor requirements
- Effective MEAL system for improved project performance
Implement project Learning, information and knowledge system
- Leading project efforts to analyse and reflect on the data and information to determine the impacts it is making towards improved project achievements.
- Maintain project database in WV’s Horizon and GEA’s monitoring platform including GIS and remote sensing web-based and desktop software.
- Lead project efforts to document challenges/obstacles and lessons and best practices, including their application for improved project and organizational performance
- Package and disseminate quality program initiative information to different audiences and for project quality purposes
- Lead documentation of best practices and ensure most significant change stories are published and included in the reports and shared.
- Establish the status of implementation of operations audit/reviews recommendations for management action.
- Lessons learned captured for review and adjustment of project design towards enhanced performance.
- Documented evidence on project performance done and disseminated accordingly
Build the capacity of staff, partners, and community in MEAL
- Develop and disseminate monitoring templates including GIS and remote sensing tools to the project team
- Train staffs, partners and community on project monitoring tools for effective and quality M&E system
- Improved capacity of MEAL for project team and partners
Networking, visibility and donor recognition
- Establish and maintain good relations with partners, LGAs and stakeholders and other consortium members with regard to implementation and accountability.
- Ensures project interventions and donor are recognized by the government, partners and communities through project branding, and participation in different forums including national, zonal, regional, and local events.
- Develop and support effective linkages and collaboration with key public institutions.
- Represent the project in various assigned learning and sharing meetings/workshops/conferences.
- Facilitate documentation and sharing of processes, challenges, best practices and lessons learned among partners in the consortium.
- Build a network and create a positive image of the project and WV in general
- Documented success/transformational impact stories for visibility and donor recognition
Participate in Other Organizational Activities that would ensure the project is well represented in WVT’s bigger picture including doing any other assignment related to MEAL and GAM functions within the organization.
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
- 3-5 years in programs management
- Demonstrated experience in Learning,
- Evidence and documentation of success stories.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in international donor-funded projects
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- BA/BSc Degree in Statistics, Epidemiology, Economics, Development studies/planning, Business administration, social science disciplines or other related disciplines
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Excellent communication skills; Ability to communicate with internal and external stakeholders,
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent coordination and planning skills
- Report writing skills: Ability to write complex reports
- Demonstrate high levels of integrity
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent team player with minimum supervision
- Significant experience of working with government officials, multiple partners, community groups, and communities.
- Proven experience in facilitating effective project documentation and dissemination of results to a wide range of audiences.
- Experience in working with international donor-funded grants
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff
- Good planning and Excellent organizational skills, the ability to determine priorities, and attention to detail a must
- Work in a multisector/ multicultural team- patience, cultural sensitivity and application of contextual understanding in day-to-day work
- High level of knowledge and practice with Word, Excel, Outlook, etc. required
- Ability to work with tight deadlines for information needs
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement;
- The position requires the ability and willingness to travel domestically up to 50% of the time to the field in Nzega Cluster-Shinyanga & Kishapu DC and occasionally internationally if need be.
- Ability to work in a multicultural context as a flexible and respectful team player
- Willingness to travel to the field as and when needed
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Direct Supervision and program implementation
- Proposal development and review tasks
Evidence & Learning Manager
- Matrix Line management and Technical oversight on DME Functions and project management issues
Technical Leaders and Sector Specialists– Education, R&L, H&N, WASH and ICP and Support Office
- Technical Programming issues related to Designing, Baselines, Evaluations, and Monitoring of programs
- The design, Monitoring & Evaluation Officer is guided by the authority levels matrix on key approval levels and is guided by WVT policies and guidelines.
- Be Safe and Resilient
- Deliver Results
- Build Relationships
- Be Accountable
- Learn and Develop
- Improve and Innovate
- Partner and Collaborate
- Embrace Change
- Model Self-Management
- Engage, Influence, Lead, and Grow Others
- Run an Effective and Agile Organisation
- Develop the Organisation for the Future
- This Position is Based in Shinyanga, Kishapu DC
Applicant Types Accepted:
- Local Applicants Only
- This position is contingent upon donor approval of the project and funding
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 28th February, 2023.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE