Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Planning, Finance And Administration) at Open University of Tanzania (OUT)
- Company: Open University of Tanzania (OUT)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
APPLICATIONS ARE INVITED FROM SUITABLY QUALIFIED TANZANIANS TO FILL THE POSITION
OF THE DEPUTY VICE-CHANCELLOR (PLANNING, FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION)
The Open University of Tanzania (OUT) is a Public University, established by the act of Parliament No. 17 of 1992, which was repealed and replaced by the OUT Charter of Incorporation of 2007. Since then the University has been operating under this Charter which is in line with the Universities Act No. 7 of 2005. OUT’s mission is to persistently provide relevant, quality, flexible, accessible and affordable open and distance online education, research, and services to the community for the social-economic development of Tanzania, Africa and the rest of the world. The Open University of Tanzania has its headquarters in Kinondoni, Dar es Salaam and 31 Regional Centres across Tanzania Mainland and Zanzibar & Pemba Islands. The University also has Coordination centres in Kenya, Namibia and Ghana.
The term of office of the current DEPUTY VICE-CHANCELLOR FINANCE PLANNING AND ADMINISTRATION (DVC-PFA)
will come to an end on 21/04/2024 and therefore, the University hereby invites competent and qualified candidates to apply for this position.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES
This is a senior administrative position. The applicant must be a Tanzanian, an associate professor or above, and a PhD holder from a recognized University with not less than five years of proven resource management and administrative experience, preferably gained from a higher learning institution.
- The chief advisor/principal assistant to the Vice-Chancellor in respect of all matters pertaining to planning finance and administration.
- To prepare and supervise the implementation of the University’s strategic plan.
- To efficiently manage human and physical resources by applying approved policy regulations and procedures of the Open University of Tanzania.
- To act as the link-pins between academic, administrative and technical staff.
- To exercise strategic leadership in resource mobilization and income generation activities within Tanzania and outside.
viii. To perform such other functions as are conferred upon him/ her by the Universities Act, OUT’s Charter of Incorporation & Regulations and other acts or as may be prescribed by the University’s Vice-Chancellor.
- Be a person with strategic thinking with leadership capability skills/integrity and team player for achieving vision, mission and objective of the University.
- Leadership skills with proven experience in resource management in a similar level or as Dean, Director, Principal or Head of Department/Unit.
- Remarkable experience in income generation, and resource mobilization activities from within and outside Tanzania).
- Proven knowledge of Governments Financial systems
- Demonstratable knowledge and experience in Institutional building and governance.
- Networking skills.
SALARY: Attractive salary, based on the standing
AGE LIMIT: Not above 60 years
FRINGE BENEFITS: As spelt out by the existing University Regulations.
Method of ApplicationApplications accompanied by signed up-to-date Curriculum Vitae, certificates and other relevant documents, names and addresses of three referees (including the last employer) should reach the Chairperson of the Search Committee via the following email: dvc-pfa-[email protected], NOT later than Wednesday 6th July 2023.
Applicants are further advised to ask their referees to submit reference letters directly to the Search Committee latest ONE week after the application closing date via the email indicated above.
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE ADDRESSED TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS:
Search Committee for the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Planning, Finance and Administration),
The Open University of Tanzania,
DAR ES SALAAM