Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic, Research And Consultancy) at Open University of Tanzania (OUT)
- Company: Open University of Tanzania (OUT)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
APPLICATIONS ARE INVITED FROM SUITABLY QUALIFIED TANZANIANS TO FILL THE POSITION
OF THE DEPUTY VICE-CHANCELLOR (ACADEMIC, RESEARCH AND CONSULTANCY)
The Open University of Tanzania (OUT) is a Public University, established by the act of Parliament No. 17 of 1992, which was repealed and replaced by the OUT Charter of Incorporation of 2007. Since then the University has been operating under this Charter which is in line with the Universities Act No. 7 of 2005. OUT’s mission is to persistently provide relevant, quality, flexible, accessible and affordable open and distance online education, research, and services to the community for the social-economic development of Tanzania, Africa and the rest of the World. The Open University of Tanzania has its headquarters in Kinondoni, Dar es Salaam and 31 Regional Centres across Tanzania Mainland, Zanzibar, and Pemba Islands. The University also has Coordination centres in Kenya, Namibia and Ghana.
The term of office of the current DEPUTY VICE-CHANCELLOR ACADEMIC RESEARCH AND CONSULTANCY (DVC-ARC)
will come to an end on the 22nd of April 2024 and therefore, the University hereby invites competent and qualified candidates to apply for this position.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES
This is a senior administrative position at the University. The applicant must be a Tanzanian who is an associate professor or above, a holder of a PhD from a recognized University with not less than five years of proven academic as well as administrative experience, preferably in an institution of higher learning.
- Chief Advisor to the Vice-Chancellor in respect of all academic matters pertaining to the University,
- Chief academic planner and overseerfor teaching, research and consultancy for the University,
- To facilitate Open distance learning (ODL) of academic programmes at the University.
- To evaluate the current progress of academics and recommending future programmes,
- Principal assistant to the Vice-Chancellor in all academic matters including coordination of Deans/Directors of Faculties/lnstitutes.
- To perform such other functions as conferred upon him/her by the Universities Act, OUT’s Charter of Incorporation &
Regulations and other acts or as may be prescribed by the University’s Vice-Chancellor.
vii To oversee admission and examination regulations at the University.
- Proven experience in academic and remarkable skills from institution as Dean, Director, Principal or Head of Department/Unit.
- Proven Leadership skills, integrity and experience in supervisory and coordination skills.
- Demonstrable experience in research and consultancy (with previous records of income generation, and resource mobilization activities (attracting Research Funds) from within and outside Tanzania).
- Good knowledge of information and Communications Technology (ICT).
- Knowledge in open, online and distance learning will be an added advantage.
SALARY: The salary will be attractive and
in accordance with Government’s regulations
AGE LIMIT: Not above 60 years
FRINGE BENEFITS: As spelt out by the existing University Regulations.
Method of ApplicationApplications accompanied by signed up-to-date Curriculum Vitae, certificates and other relevant documents, names and addresses of three referees (including the last employer) should reach the Chairperson of the Search Committee via the following email: [email protected]. NOT later than Wednesday 6th July 2023.
Applicants are further advised to ask their referees to submit reference letters directly to the Search Committee latest ONE week after the application closing date via the email indicated above.
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE ADDRESSED TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS:
Search Committee for the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic, Research and Consultancy),
The Open University of Tanzania,
DAR ES SALAAM