22 Jan 2021
Deputy Underwriting Manager at Old Mutual South Africa
Never Miss a Job Update Again. Click Here to Subscribe
- Company: Old Mutual South Africa
- Location: Tanzania
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
- Quotations and Risk Acceptances:
- Ensure quotations are done and dispatched within the agreed turnaround time
- Accept all new agreed proposals which meets acceptable underwriting standards within the delegated authority
- Underwriting Process and Procedures
- Analyse and assess proposal forms and risk notes and confirm correctness within the acceptable underwriting standards
- Ensure all incoming business are captured in the system accurately and monitor backlog status and observe timely month end closing (25th of every month).
- Prepare /Issue policies and endorsements for all classes of insurance within the system at the agreed turnaround time
- Respond to all correspondence within the agreed turnaround time
- Ensure adherence to all the process, procedures and controls within the department.
- Ensure Reinsurance allocations are done properly as per treaty on every business before capturing into the system
- Conduct trainings on various covers to staffs, intermediaries etc.
- Risk Management
- Analyse and assess proposals and risk notes and recommend on the need to carry out surveys for small to medium size non-standard risks
- Communicate to the client’s progress on the implementation of surveyor’s recommendations in improving the status of risks written
- Resolve internal control audit recommendations fully and ensure no issue automatically escalates.
- Monitor the quantity and quality of work done with ZERO error which may result in disputes with other departments.
- Policy Renewals
- Work on the allocated renewal scrutiny listing 2 months prior to expiry of policy and dispatch renewal notices to producers/clients1 month prior to renewal date
- Follow up allocated policies falling due for renewal and provide weekly report to Underwriting manager to ensure achievement of monthly retention ratio of at least 90%
- Establish unrenewed list by 1st Week on the following month and make counter follow ups
- Filing – Comply with the agreed filing and record keeping system
Sharing is Caring! Click on the Icons Below and Share
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 22 Feb. 2021