Deputy Rector – Planning, Finance And Administration at Institute of Finance Management (IFM)
- Company: Institute of Finance Management (IFM)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
RECRUITMENT OF DEPUTY RECTOR – ACADEMIC, RESEARCH AND CONSULTANCY; AND DEPUTY RECTOR – PLANNING, FINANCE AND
The Institute of Finance Management(IFM)was established in 1972 by the Act of Parliament No. 3, and stands as among the oldest higher learning financial institutions in Tanzania. It is regulated by the National Council for Technical and Vocational Education and Training (NACTVET) whose powers are derived from the Act of Parliament Cap. 129. The Institute is dedicated to excellence in teaching, research, and consultancy. The Governing Council now seeks to recruit visionary Deputy Rectors of the Institute for Academic, Research and Consultancy and another for Planning, Finance and Administration. The successful candidates will be responsible to assist the Rector of the Institute to provide vision, direction and leadership to the organization. They will work harmoniously with other members of the Institute’s Management. This is to ensure that the Institute acquires and maintains a positive and solid image as a successful training institution of higher learning by formulating and implementing the right strategies and ensure efficient and effective use of resources.
Recruitment Of Deputy Rector – Planning, Finance And Administration
Appointed by: The Governing Council
Reports to: Rector
Minimum Entry Qualifications
Holder of PhD in one of the following fields: Accountancy, Finance, Banking and Finance, Procurement Management, Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Economics, Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems and Mathematics, Risk Management, Insurance, Insurance and Social Protection, Insurance and Actuarial Science or equivalent qualifications from recognized institutions with a GPA of at least 3.5 at Undergraduate level or B+ average for non-classified degrees, and at least 3.8 at Master Degree or B+ average for non-classified degrees.
Relevant Work Experience
Must have working experience of at least ten(10)years in a senior managerial position in a tertiary education institution or university at a Full Professor, Associate Professor or someone eligible for re-categorization to the rank of Associate Professor or above and eligible for registration as a technical teacher.
- Duties and Responsibilities
- To be responsible for implementation of the Institute’s strategic plan;
- To coordinate policy and planning issues at the Institute;
- To supervise and maintain acceptable standards of discipline of staff;
- To be the recorder to the Governing Council;
- To be responsible to Rector for the general administration and financial matters;
- To be responsible for formulating accounting policies and procedures of the Institute, submitting budgets, audited accounts;
- To safe custody and use of Institute’s assets such as machines and vehicles;
- To be custodian of Institute’s seal; and
- To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Salary Scale: Academic Substantive Salary Scale
- Tenure of Office: Four(4)years term renewable consecutively for one more term of four(4)years.
Method of ApplicationApplications which are accompanied by signed up-to-date Curriculum Vitae, certificates and other relevant documents, names and addresses of three referees (including the last employer) should reach the Chairperson of the Search Committee via the following email: [email protected], NOT later than Friday 21st July, 2023. Applicants are further advised to ask their Referees to submit reference letters directly to the Search Committee. This should be done latest ONE week after the closing date for applications via the same email indicated hereinabove.
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE ADDRESSED TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS:
Chairperson of the Search Committee
The Institute of Finance Management
5 Shaaban Robert Street
11101 DARES SALAAM
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Those who will not be contacted by 15th August, 2023 should consider themselves unsuccessful.