Deputy Provost For Administration at TUDARCo
- Company: TUDARCo
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
DEPUTY PROVOST FOR ADMINISTRATION
Tumaini University Dar es Salaam College (TUDARCo) is a Constituent College of Tumaini University Makumira since 1st April, 2003. TUDARCo is owned by the Eastern and Coastal Diocese (ECD) of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Tanzania (ELCT). The institution was granted, by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU), Certificate of Full Registration on 29th March, 2007; it was also granted its Charter in 2010; and attained and was granted Certificate of Accreditation in August 2019.
TUDARCo premises are located along Coca Cola Road, and it currently has a student population of about 3,500. It delivers programmes that range from Certificate, Diploma, and undergraduate and postgraduate degree levels. Its various academic programmes are hosted and delivered by its four Schools, namely; School of Law and Justice (SoLJu), School of Business Studies (SoBS), School of Education and Human Development (SoEHD), and School of Humanities and Social Sciences (SoHSS). TUDARCo is currently being re-engineered and re-branded with a view to transforming it into a competitively dynamic and vibrant university institution. Thus, TUDARCo now wishes to recruit a correspondingly competitively dynamic and experienced person for its 3rd senior most position of DEPUTY PROVOST FOR ADMINISTRATION to join hands with the other two top executives in championing and spearheading the envisaged transformation.
B: Main Purpose of the Job
To provide leadership and overall management and co-ordination of all activities pertaining to the administration, finances and financing, and human resource management of the institution.
C: Key Functions
The Deputy Provost for Administration shall:
- be the main advisor of the Provost on matters related to securing adequate human resources for carrying out its objects and functions effectively and efficiently;
- be the Chief Advisor of and assistant of the Provost in respect of all administrative matters, including administration of funds, buildings and grounds, assets, and general management of the institution;
- have such other powers and functions and enjoy such rights and privileges as are conferred on him/her by the Charter or any written law, or as may be conferred or delegated upon him/her by the Governing Board or the Provost or as may be prescribed; and
- coordinate proper preparation and custody of students records in the institution.
D: Reporting Relations
The Deputy Provost for Administration will be directly responsible to the Provost for all administrative matters of the institution.
An applicant must be a Tanzanian, male or female, of integrity, good leadership skills, visionary and outstanding academic and administrative experience and capability who has attained the status of Professor/Associate Professor or its equivalent in either teaching or research. Possession of experience in Management at the level of a Dean of Faculty, Director of Finance and Planning, Director of Institute/Directorate or above shall be an added advantage.
F: Terms of Service
The appointment of the Deputy Provost for Administration will be made by the TUDARCo Governing Board after consultation with the Provost and the Vice Chancellor of Tumaini University Makumira.
The Deputy Provost for Administration shall hold office for a period of three years renewable once. Where appropriate and desirable, s/he can be deployed in teaching after the end of his/her tenure as Deputy Provost for Administration.
Remuneration shall be guided by the Scheme of Service of Tumaini University Dar es Salaam College depending on the level of experience of the successful candidate.
Method of ApplicationThe applicants shall submit duly signed letters of application providing reasons for wanting to work with TUDARCo, full details of qualifications, experience and the following:
- Certified photocopies of academic performance;
- Typed comprehensive Curriculum Vitae;
- Full contact addresses of work and residence including postal address, telephone and e-mails; and
- Name and full contact addresses of three referees who know the applicant’s academic and/ or work experience.
Chairman of the Search Committee,
Tumaini University Dar es Salaam College,
Plot No. 10 Mikocheni Light Industrial Area (Along Coca Cola Road),
P.O. Box 77588,
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
E-mail: [email protected]
The deadline for submitting the application is 31 March 2021