Deputy Logistic Coordinator at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
- Company: Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
Job Vacancy – Deputy Logistic Coordinator
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff
Title: DEPUTY LOGISTIC COORDINATOR
Direct Reports: LOGISTIC COORDINATOR
Location: Dar es Salaam, with regular field visits, areas of emergency intervention including temporary replacement of LTL in the projects
Supporting the Logistics Coordinator through delegated tasks and responsibilities, replacing him/her in his/her absence and participating and collaborating in the implementation of strategies and support to the field in accordance with MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to enable the development of the mission and optimize the impact of the medical projects
Minimum Educational Qualification: Essential technical/logistics degree/diploma
Experience: Essential working experience of at least 2 years in relevant jobs, experience with MSF or other NGOs in developing countries
Languages: English (French and Swahili will be an asset)
o Essential computer literacy
o Strategic vision
o People management and development
o Service oriented
o Teamwork and cooperation
· Defining, monitoring, evaluating and ensuring the implementation of the strategies and activities in the mission of the following activities, as defined in the delegated tasks, according to MSF standards, protocols and procedures.
· Construction and rehabilitation, transport, ICT, communications, vehicles and engines, equipment, installations and infrastructures, etc. Including the installation and maintenance of functional office space(s) and lodging facilities in an adequate living conditions and all the equipment required as well as the proper use and maintenance of IT computers, soft wares, backups, etc. and the communication tools and means in the mission
· Stock and supply of medical and non-medical materials
· Water, health and sanitation activities
· Planning, supervising and implementing, in close coordination with the HR Coordinator, the associated processes (recruitment, training, briefing/debriefing, performance evaluation, detection of potential, development and internal communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and amount of knowledge required
· Participating actively in the definition and monitoring of annual project planning and budgets and the Emergency Preparation Plan, defining strategies and advising the Logistics Coordinator in the translation of the identified needs into objectives, priorities and resources needed for intervention.
· Ensuring technical support to his/her team as well as to all other teams in the mission
· Representing MSF in meetings with Authorities and other NGOs at the request of the Logistics Coordinator
· Performing tasks delegated by the Logistics Coordinator, as specified in his/her job description
Ø People living with disabilities or minorities to indicate in their CV or Motivation letter
Ø Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Method of Applicationll interested candidates shall submit their motivation letter, CV and copy of relevant professional certificates not later than Monday 22nd January 2024 at 5:00 PM . Please quote the job title on the email subject “DEPUTY LOGISTIC COORDINATOR”.
Please send your application to the email address [email protected]
The applications can also be submitted at MSF offices situated at Mikocheni B, Daima street House no 16 Dar es Salaam, or in Nduta Refugees Camp, Kibondo District or MSF Guest House Kibondo or MSF Office-LIWALE
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your data only for the recruitment process to have all the information and documents necessary to proceed with the recruitment, validation of your application and selection of the most suitable candidate. Your data will be treated confidentially. Only people part of the recruitment process have access to your data. MSF does not sell your data under any circumstances. If you have any questions or requests, you can contact
[email protected] Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.