Deputy COP/Technical Director at THPS
- Company: THPS
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Anticipated USAID Tanzania Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) Next Generation NOFO Number 72062121 RFA 00003
Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under non- governmental organization Act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC), Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG), Ministry of Home Affairs and Ministry of Health (MoH) Zanzibar with a goal of ensuring accessible high-quality health care and social services to Tanzanians.
THPS is seeking interested and competent individuals to apply for the following key positions as part of its application to the anticipated USAID OVC NOFO: Tanzania Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) Next Generation NOFO Number 72062121RFA00003.
|Job title: Deputy COP/Technical Director||Directly Reports to: Chief of Party – OVC next Generation Project|
|Dual reporting: N/A||Location: THPS HQ – Dar es Salaam|
|Supervises: Technical Advisors, Regional Project Managers – USAID (OVC) Next Generation|
|Purpose and Scope of Job:
The Deputy Chief of Party/Technical Director (DCOP/TD) will be responsible for overseeing management and technical operations of the project to ensure achievement of results as per project goals, objectives and plans. Under the supervision, guidance and support of the Chief of Party, the DCOP/TD will coordinate the provision of technical services and harmonize efforts and integration between key project program areas and technical units. S/He shall oversee program planning, monitoring and evaluation to ensure that measurable outcomes are attained; and facilitate regular internal technical meetings with program staff to discuss progress of the project, challenges and formulate implementable solutions. The Deputy COP will supervise and guide Regional Project Managers and Technical Advisors to implement all OVC Next generation supported activities in collaboration with MOHCDGEC, POLARG, USAID, R/CHMTs and other Implementing Partners to ensure services provision of comprehensive case management and preventive service packages to eligible OVC according to national guidelines and standards. Lead OVC Next Generation staff to implement innovations that support OVC case management across the seven critical steps. Work with project MEL Manager to ensure a robust ME system is in place that reflects the project Activities as per USAID NOFO requirements. S/He will serve as the representative in absence of the COP in dealing with USAID, GOT counterparts and other health stakeholders. Like the COP and all other senior staff, he will set a positive tone for the entire project and inspire staff to apply results-based approaches for timely delivery of services to the clients we serve.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Chief of Part to develop project work plan and budget,
- Technically oversee implementation of project activities, monitoring and evaluation and ensure incorporation of lessons learned into ongoing activity
- Serve as a member of THPS leadership team overseeing programmatic and technical part of the OVC Next Generation program
- Supervise and line manage program and administrative staff to ensure efficient office function and support for
- Oversee the development and management of OVC Next Generation program
- Participate in preparation of regular reports on program activities for
- Facilitate regular program staff meetings for OVC Next Generation program
- Represent THPS in meetings with government officials, USAID and other stakeholders as directed by the COP
- Provide managerial and technical support to the COP, assisting in areas including work planning, performance management/review, quality assurance and strategic communications
- Share responsibility with the COP in backstopping and leading technical teams
- Technically guide, coordinate and lead technical teams
- Supervise project technical planning and implementation in close collaboration and coordination with the COP
- Serves as the project’s key liaison with USAID, government counterparts, and local partners/stakeholders in absence and on behalf of the COP
- Manages and supervise technical work of project personnel and sub grantees
- Supervises the project’s technical team on timely implementation of planned activities, and lead effective communication internally and externally
- Leads project’s capacity building and transition effort to ensure institutionalization and sustainability of project support to local government and other partners
- Prepare and participate in Partner Management Meetings (PMM) as per USAID
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Medicine, Social sciences, Community development or a related
- Technical experience of implementing public Health programs and services delivery including OVC for at least five years
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal
- Previous work experience managing PEPFAR USAID-funded
- Good interpersonal and people management skills, a team player, demonstrated ability to work effectively and harmoniously with other project staff, host country counterparts, USAID, consultants, donors, and international organizations
Method of ApplicationInterested applicants should send an email [email protected] attaching their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum by July 14th 2021 with a position title as a subject line, for example: ‘Finance Manager’’. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply. The deadline for submitting the application is 14 July 2021.