Deputy Chief of Party, Technical – Tanzania Horticulture at Abt Associates
- Company: Abt Associates
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in Tanzania
The Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) – Technical will provide strategic leadership, management, and technical direction in horticulture market systems strengthening and will support the project team, and counterparts in the implementation of activities. The DCOP will provide managerial and technical support to the Chief of Party (COP), assisting in areas including work planning, performance management, engagement with local counterparts, and strategic communications. He/she will provide strategic leadership and direction so that program components are results-oriented, deliverables are high quality, and reporting is relevant and timely leading to the achievement of program goals. The position is contingent upon contract award to Abt Associates.
- 13-15 years of relevant professional experience with a Masters Degree, or 8-10 years with a Doctorate in a related subject area such as public health, economics, health finance, or something similar.
- Demonstrated technical expertise in advancing horticulture market systems strengthening.
- At least 3 years of management experience over professional teams
- Proven experience working in leadership roles on international development projects funded by USAID
- Advanced written and oral communications skills. Must be adept at writing and editing quarterly and annual reports for donor, internal, and external program stakeholders.
- Strong relationship management skills, with demonstrated experience successfully managing relationships with donors and other internal and external program stakeholders and partners.
- Demonstrated ability to implement successful performance management systems.
- Demonstrated leadership experience and ability to work with minimum of direction and supervision.
- Strong management and planning skills of activity tasks and budgets.
- Demonstrated team building and team management leading to high quality work in a timely, cost effective manner.
- Excellent writing skills required.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal communication, and computer skills.
- Verbal and written fluency in English is required.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 1st October, 2021